ABC3

Artisan 3000

New Artisan 3000 going back to the factory. After several weeks of trying to make adjustments - I've given up. Tention, feed dog coming out, race assy with problems. But Jerry says all will be well. Just pay freight both ways.

Hi Tom,

Where are you located? When did you purchase it? It sounds like it needs a mechanic, maybe you can find one near you and pay him the $400.

Art

New Artisan 3000 going back to the factory. After several weeks of trying to make adjustments - I've given up. Tention, feed dog coming out, race assy with problems. But Jerry says all will be well. Just pay freight both ways.

It will only be $200 both ways ( but still a new machine) . No one in the area that I can find.

So will this be one of the "new" castings we have heard so much about? I would be interested in hearing what is "new" and "improved". If you bought it from Steve, then I would give him a call before going to all the trouble to pack it up and the expense to send it back. I doubt there is that much wrong with the machine, probably more of a setup problem.

Art

It will only be $200 both ways ( but still a new machine) . No one in the area that I can find.

It is NOT one of the new machines from Steve. Purchased it from a Dist. But I have talked to Steve about it and Jerry and the Dist as well. All seems to feel it should come back. I do think most of the problems is our fault. I think one of the guys in the shop was trying to tweak it a little. Now everything has gone hey wire.

But will live through it..

JFYI: Just spoke with Dave at Artisan about a couple of my problems & he suggested that I get my machine back to Artisan so the tech's can get to the bottom of all the problems. He and Jerry has agreed to pick up 1/2 the shipping costs and will turn it around in one day. Since my shop caused the problems, I think that is one heck of a deal and great Customer Service.

Good to hear something positive. hope it keeps going.