Rayban

The Queen's iPod leather carrying case

Hey Pete....how you coming with it???

That would seriously be a great idea, a custom tooled ipod case. We ought to nominate someone to design and tool the case. I'll kick in $5 to the project.

This would be a great PR gig.

ed

Well, anybody got her mailing addy? Maybe one of our UK members could look it up?

There's several patterns for i-pods running around the board. Is the suggestion just for the i-pod case, or is it for more than just that? Personally, I'd like to see more than a case made if this is a legitimate intention.

....talk about a PIF item....

I was thinking just the ipod case as a sincere gesture and apology for such a lame gift and a reminder that the real America is always about its people and rarely its politicians. Maybe it could be an ipod case and a journal.

I nominate Tina. Tina does amazing work. She could do a few scenes from _Alice's Adventures in Wonderland_ (or some other work of British fiction or art) that run through the journal and onto the ipod case.

If Tina does it, I bet it would actually get through to Queen Elizabeth.

ed

Having been a guest at Buck House a few times I can confirm Jordan's opinions of Her Majesty are completely correct, She is a very nice Lady and one of the best Monarchs we've had. She does love the corgis and has a passion for horses and frequently pops down to the Royal mews to groom the Royal mounts.

I wouldn't worry about the President's gift, it was the music on it and the technology behind it that expressed U.S. talent and craftmanship, not the container.

Her Majesty already has an example of U.S. Leathercraft, She recieved a pair of Cowboy boots during the state visit back in '72.

It's up you guys if you want to send something, but it should be done as an expression of freindship from U.S. citizens rather than an apology for the official gift. You wouldn't want Her Majesty to think you are still a bunch of rebellious colonials with no respect for authority would you?

If you do decide to go ahead you can find info on the correct ettiquette at the Royal website .

...."apology for such a lame gift"....if the man would have given her his car he would then get ripped for being lavish in such hard times......can't win......

I say the originator of the idea should make it.....wouldn't want to Bogart on his idea would we??

I say the originator of the idea should make it.....wouldn't want to Bogart on his idea would we??

HEY! You voted for the guy(ain't you glad he's delivering what he promised and then more.......a trillion more!)

If you read the original post- I WAS RANTING. Wasn't offering to make something- if I had I would have just done it and kept it to myself.

YOU should be the one to apologize to the queen. Does he do his homework when traveling? Didn't SOMEONE tell michelle that you curtsey and you don't hug the queen!!!

Talk about a home boy out of his element!!! ! If I could only get him to pop some gum while he gives his press conferences -yo yo yo.

Folks, let's keep this leather related, and all the political opinions to ourselves. Otherwise we'll see yet another thread locked.

done,

pete

Folks, let's keep this leather related, and all the political opinions to ourselves. Otherwise we'll see yet another thread locked.

This thread is in the off topic catagory and if you read the desription of what this covers in the table of contents Pete posted his opinion in the right spot. People do not have to read a thread if they choose not to. Having THREAD NAZI's is reminesent of burning books and those kind of things. This is AMERICA, we are allowed to disagree and do not have to be mind numbing robots as stated by our Sectretary of State. Greg

This thread is in the off topic catagory and if you read the desription of what this covers in the table of contents Pete posted his opinion in the right spot. People do not have to read a thread if they choose not to. Having THREAD NAZI's is reminesent of burning books and those kind of things. This is AMERICA, we are allowed to disagree and do not have to be mind numbing robots as stated by our Sectretary of State. Greg

While I agree this is in an'off topic' area, I truly feel that Religion/Politics/Moral Judgements (R/P/MJ) should not be included in a leather forum. This is about LEATHER and the CRAFT AND ARTISTRY OF LEATHER, not about 'MY OPINION ABOUT... R/P/MJ'. There are enough sites out there that cater to that. Here, 'MY OPINION ABOUT...R/P/MJ' doesn't/shouldn't count: by that same token, 'YOUR OPINION ABOUT...R/P/MJ' shouldn't either. R/P/MJ opinions are like rectums: everyone has one- they don't need another one. There is enough off topic stuff to discuss without getting into this type of nastiness that pisses people off. There were several sites I used to belong to (other stuff, not leather, btw), that ultimately were commandeered by people with very strong political agendas & anyone who would dare disagree with those politics risked being villified. They became political, rather than what they were meant to be, & because they had lost purpose and meaning, I stopped going there. It was no longer fun & it was no longer informative. I would hate to see LW turn into that.

russ