Sign in to follow this  
wildland

Leather quiver

After looking through some of the other posts here I am almost ashamed to post my work, but here it is anyway.

leather_026.jpg

quiver_012.jpg

I am curious to see what everyone thinks so let me have it.

Wildland

post-10031-1238781232_thumb.jpg

post-10031-1238781263_thumb.jpg

You shouldnt be, post away.

If you want more of a thread on getting your work critiqued then try posting in the critique my work section, however this thread sees more traffic I guess.

Oh and no matter how good you are someone else is gonna come along and make your jaw drop atleast every once in a while.

As far as your quiver I think it looks pretty good overall. One thing I would worry about is the strap looks like it is being held on by two rivets. That is not a very good idea as the rivets can give out or pull thru after usage for a while.

Have you looked thru the quiver and archery section, there are several very nice ones down there with lots of ideas.

One thing I would worry about is the strap looks like it is being held on by two rivets. That is not a very good idea as the rivets can give out or pull thru after usage for a while.

I've made a quiver using rivets for the strap, too -- what would you suggest as an alternative?

I've made a quiver using rivets for the strap, too -- what would you suggest as an alternative?

Havenot had a chance to play with quivers yet but personally I would use one of the techniques from al stohlmans case making books. Like running the leather thru the project and riveting it from the other side. You can do the same thing with stitching as well. This way not all the force is directly against the rivet and it makes it pull laterally instead of away from the rivet (think I got that right lol).

I dont have my links since I reformatted but tonight Ill look up some examples and post them up.

I have never been satisfied the first time I try a new project from scratch, it is always a learning process and you get better with practice. There is always the joy of knowing you did it yourself and there is not another one just like it anywhere else!

Havenot had a chance to play with quivers yet but personally I would use one of the techniques from al stohlmans case making books. Like running the leather thru the project and riveting it from the other side. You can do the same thing with stitching as well. This way not all the force is directly against the rivet and it makes it pull laterally instead of away from the rivet (think I got that right lol).

I dont have my links since I reformatted but tonight Ill look up some examples and post them up.

I would be interested to see those links myself. Any thing that can make my work last longer and improve it quality is of great interest to me. It's two late for this one I sold it for $75 shortly after I made it. The guy who bought it from me was very impressed with it, but I just wasn't satisfied. I made another one after it that I liked much more, but it sold before I had a chance to photograph it.

Wildland