Bronson

decent leather for a hobbyist?

I'm not making any money off any holsters I make. I make them for my personal use or for friends. That being said I'm curious as to where I might get some decent leather at a fair price. I've been using the stuff I get from the Tandy store but have come to learn just how low quality most of that is.

I'm just a guy making a few holsters in his basement. I can't afford to buy multiple hides or even one full hide. I also probably don't need the absolute best leather out there, just something a little better than what I've got :P

So any tips on where to look for decent leather in sizes and prices that are manageable for a hobbyist?

Thanks all,

Bronson

Buy a nice double shoulder from Wickett and Craig, they are also having an inventory reduction sale right now. Less cost than a whole hide and some of the best leather money can buy. Once you use it you will not want to use lower quality stuff again. You will pay a little more money but you will be happier with the results.

Regards,

Nick

awesome. thanks for the link.... picked one up myself.

You guys are the best.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks for the tips and links.

Bronson

I'll second what Boomstick said. I am in the same shoes you are and Zach White leather has some nice hides. That is all I use since I can't afford the "good" stuff. Good Luck, Tony