Tangent Creations

Leather Dragon pic

Hey all, don't think I ever got this up here when I finished it... He is a handdrawn (directly onto the leather) blue tail dragon. He is modeled after the local skinks... I carved him on 14+oz leather (scrap from some armor project or other) I admit I cheaped out on the background...my thumb had temporary ( a few months worth of temporary) nerve damage after I finished this one... Then he was painted in acrylics, resisted and antiqued.

Critiques welcome!! I need to know what I should focus on improving! I feel this is the best "carved picture" I've done! ...but know that I need to 'do more'... :whatdoyouthink:

If I already posted him I apologize, it's been a loooooooooong year!!

Leather_Dragon__Blue_Tail.jpg

Leather_dragon_close_up_face.jpg

leather_dragon_tail_close_up.jpg

post-2963-1204937939_thumb.jpg

post-2963-1204939110_thumb.jpg

post-2963-1204939184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tangent Creations

looks great to me! now let's see more! :P

WOW! Wish i could draw HALF that good! nice job!

way cool

Looks good. I love drawing directly on the leather. I sometimes use it like a sketch pad and see what comes out. This turned out pretty good. A few added textures could help but it does look good as is.

I Love the way the tip of the nose and wing seem to overlap the background... Very nice!

Very well done ^_^ I particularly like the veins in the webbing. Nice attention to detail!

Really like your dragon,

extra plus for drawing right on the leather:-)

To me it looks like it's finished!

Very beautiful dragon it is.

Have to say I really envy you guys that can sit down and just tool your art down on a piece of leather that is not destined to be anything other than beautiful art. I can't do it, gotta have a goal or apurpose to get my juices going and a closing in deadline is when I work best even if it feels a bit discomforting.

Love to more of this stuff, excellent!

Tom

Thank you all! I had made him in hopes of making some extra bucks at GenCon. So I was working against a deadline. I made 3 dragons that are finished and one that never made it past the tooling stage. Didn't sell a one...ugh. Oh well... At least he looks good on my wall! LOL!

Thank you all! I had made him in hopes of making some extra bucks at GenCon. So I was working against a deadline. I made 3 dragons that are finished and one that never made it past the tooling stage. Didn't sell a one...ugh. Oh well... At least he looks good on my wall! LOL!

Hey I went to the Anime Convention last year and they would not appreciate this kinda work there. Sorry. I am one of them but with a wicked twist. I think the only thing that would work will be a Cosplay suit out of leather. Well, as you can see we like it here so let's start with that.

just found this thread,,i likes it,,,i thought it was a scooter-seat at first,,