Cowboy316

cell phone case template

hey guys and gals ive been makeing cell cases and was wondering what i could use to make a hard template that i could use over and over and get the same shape every time ive been using poster board but over time it get out of shape or does anyone know what i could have one made

Cowboy316

I sometimes use old litho printing plates to make templates. They're made from very thin aluminium (English spelling!), and can be cut with scissors. They don't rust, and our local printer is happy to give them away!

I use quilter's pattern plastic. It comes in 12"x18" sheets, and you can use packing tape to make it bigger.

Quilters plastic here as well. works great.

Don't know what the quilters plastic costs. If you want cheap try cutting up an old "for sale" sign like you get at walmart or the hardware store.

There's a product called Bon-tex that works well too. It's cheap... about 5 bucks for a sheet that's about 4 ft by 3 1/2 ft. We sell it to a great many prisoners that do leather craft for their pattern making.

Kevin@springfieldleather.com

thanks guys ill have to look around and see what i got maybe ive got some heavy plastic or something in that lines

you guys are a great help thank you

Cowboy316

When "back to school" time rolls around again, get some poly folders from wallyworld. I got a bunch at $.15 each, and when unfolded, they are ~ 11x17 inches....+ the pockets. It's pretty durable stuff, doesn't crack if folded, and is easy to scissor cut.

Don't know what the quilters plastic costs. If you want cheap try cutting up an old "for sale" sign like you get at walmart or the hardware store.

About $4 for a pack of three

I use floor tile or linoleum. works good

If you are making so many cases you are wearing out your pattern, you may want to invest in a clicker die. No thicker than the case leather you would be using is, you wouldn't need a several thousand dollar cliicker to use it, just a good rawhide mallet. There is a good die maker in Monett, MO I think the name is CUT RITE, a year or 2 ago he was charging .80 an inch to make them. Just an idea. Hope it helps. Rus