Jimbob

Need help on my new Adler 105-64

I think I just bought a wonderful Adler 105-64 here in my neighborhood, now I will need lots of help, a manual...especially I like to find a service manual (!) sources for parts and people that own one and want to share the mighty secrets of sewing leather with an Adler 105-64 !!!

If anybody has one, knows where to get manuals, shematics for threading and drawings of the inside.....parts or just want to share ideas...let me know.

I am all new here and enjoy reading the posts on sewing machines....lots to learn, thanks for all help!!

Hi,

I use both the Adler 105-64 and the 204-64, which is essentially the same machine, but flat bed. I have a user manual that covers both and I can email you a copy, if you wish.

Steve

Edited by SteveBrambley

Hi,

I use both the Adler 105-64 and the 204-64, which is essentially the same machine, but flat bed. I have a user manual that covers both and I can email you a copy, if you wish.

Steve

Steve...

That would be great, I would love to have a copy...it is hard to get started from nothing and I love to get into this with both hands....I will never use this machine to its full capacity, I am sure....but I would like to know the basics and get used to all the little tricks you need to know to make it run!!

Again, thank you for your offer and your effort!!

My e-mail is: berkheim1@embarqmail.com

Greetings...

James

Hi,

Guide sent via email, you should have it by now. If not, let me know and I'll try again!

Steve

Steve hi,

Could I possibly ask you to email me the user manual for the Adler 105-64 as well please?

We have had to replace our 80 year old Singer, and the Adler came without instructions.

We make stitched leather belts, but the foot is leaving an imprint on the leather and it is stitching way to fast for intricate work.

My email is hollnrta@iinet.net.au

Cheers,

Theresia

Is anyone here familiar with Singer K13 machines? A person rang me today and asked if they could use it to sew belts with? I've never seen one or heard of one before.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

How about a ???K13 machine, and as you well know the ??? is rather important.

Art

Is anyone here familiar with Singer K13 machines? A person rang me today and asked if they could use it to sew belts with? I've never seen one or heard of one before.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

How about a ???K13 machine, and as you well know the ??? is rather important.

Art

Sorry, Art, that's all she knows. She's going to look at it tonight. The person who is selling it had a k6 and a k7, which I'm familiar with and sold those 2 but had the k13 left. I'll find out more tomorrow and satisfy my curiosity.

Tony.

Steve hi,

Could I possibly ask you to email me the user manual for the Adler 105-64 as well please?

We have had to replace our 80 year old Singer, and the Adler came without instructions.

We make stitched leather belts, but the foot is leaving an imprint on the leather and it is stitching way to fast for intricate work.

My email is hollnrta@iinet.net.au

Cheers,

Theresia

Hi,

The manual I have is actually for the later 205-64/204-64, however, they are pretty much the same machine with a few minor changes (bobbin size, position of presser foot lifter), so, it should be of some help to you. I'll email it along.

Steve

Hi Steve, I see you have a manual for a 204. I just got a 104-64 and could use a copy. My e-mail is .... Would pay you. Thanks

Hi,

Guide sent via email, you should have it by now. If not, let me know and I'll try again!

Steve

Edited by Crystal
removed email address per member request

Off Topic Security Warning!

I noticed that several of our members have posted their email addresses in replies on this topic and others. You good folks need to know that spammers send out robot programs whose sole purpose is to scour web pages for email addresses. Every email address that is recognized by these bots is harvested and sent home to a spam database. Your freely posted email accounts will then be spammed. Your harvested email addresses will not just be used to send you spam, but will also be forged in the "From" and "Reply to" fields of spam sent to others. This means you will get bounces or be accused of spamming by recipients unfamiliar with how spammers conduct their campaigns.

How to avoid having email addresses harvested

You can prevent most email harvester bots from acquiring your posted email addresses by obfuscating them. This means that you need to use spaces, extra words to be removed, substitute the word AT for the @ symbol and use the word DOT instead of a period in your address. The more obfuscated the address is the less likely it is to get harvested.

Example:

yourname at yourISP dot com

(Remove the spaces and convert the AT and DOT)

This does make a little more work for people who want to email something legitimate to you, but it may keep a previously un-spammed account from getting into a spam database through a forum posting.

For better security you should only list your email account in your profile and tell other members to use the link in the forum posts or your profile to send you email or private messages. Only members have access to this feature. This adds to the work that a spammer must do to reach you and most don't have the time to do so, or even read English as their native language.

Another mistake that can cause your email address and those of your friends to be harvested is to send a group mailing using the C.C. field for the recipients. If just one recipient has a malware infection that includes an email harvester, every name in the CC list will be harvested. Instead of CC, use the BCC field. The recipients will only see their own name and the words Unspecified Recipients in the TO field. This is much safer than exposing your entire group of friends to spambots.

I have been involved in the anti-spam community for a decade and I see these mistakes frequently. The results are always the same.

Thanks so much for this great info....I was aware of the BCC thing but did not realize the harvesting fact...good solid info for all of us here!!

Agn TNX

James

Off Topic Security Warning!

I noticed that several of our members have posted their email addresses in replies on this topic and others. You good folks need to know that spammers send out robot programs whose sole purpose is to scour web pages for email addresses. Every email address that is recognized by these bots is harvested and sent home to a spam database. Your freely posted email accounts will then be spammed. Your harvested email addresses will not just be used to send you spam, but will also be forged in the "From" and "Reply to" fields of spam sent to others. This means you will get bounces or be accused of spamming by recipients unfamiliar with how spammers conduct their campaigns.

How to avoid having email addresses harvested

You can prevent most email harvester bots from acquiring your posted email addresses by obfuscating them. This means that you need to use spaces, extra words to be removed, substitute the word AT for the @ symbol and use the word DOT instead of a period in your address. The more obfuscated the address is the less likely it is to get harvested.

Example:

yourname at yourISP dot com

(Remove the spaces and convert the AT and DOT)

This does make a little more work for people who want to email something legitimate to you, but it may keep a previously un-spammed account from getting into a spam database through a forum posting.

For better security you should only list your email account in your profile and tell other members to use the link in the forum posts or your profile to send you email or private messages. Only members have access to this feature. This adds to the work that a spammer must do to reach you and most don't have the time to do so, or even read English as their native language.

Another mistake that can cause your email address and those of your friends to be harvested is to send a group mailing using the C.C. field for the recipients. If just one recipient has a malware infection that includes an email harvester, every name in the CC list will be harvested. Instead of CC, use the BCC field. The recipients will only see their own name and the words Unspecified Recipients in the TO field. This is much safer than exposing your entire group of friends to spambots.

I have been involved in the anti-spam community for a decade and I see these mistakes frequently. The results are always the same.

Steve...

That would be great, I would love to have a copy...it is hard to get started from nothing and I love to get into this with both hands....I will never use this machine to its full capacity, I am sure....but I would like to know the basics and get used to all the little tricks you need to know to make it run!!

Again, thank you for your offer and your effort!!

Greetings...

James

Hi Steve and other members,

Could I possibly ask you to email me the user manual for the Adler 105-64 as well please? Or a manual of a simular heavy duty industrial leather (arm) sewingmachine would be fine? It seems to be impossible to find a manual in the Netherlands. Englisch, german or dutch does not matter.

email: vragenvuur. at gmail.com

Regards, Erika

Hi,

Steve

... this is an old thread, but I just recently got a 105-64. While looking for thread, needles, etc. I found the manual for sale: http://www.campbell-...16v5jm7&x=0&y=0

Jim

Jim, I could help someone else in this forum with the link that I found to a corporate blog of Dürkopp Adler where they have started to post vintage technical documentation and other interesting information.

Actually, there are parts books for Adler class 30, Adler class 104 and Adler class 105 available for free download, and it seems they will post more.

I hope this will help you a little bit.

Jim, I could help someone else in this forum with the link that I found to a corporate blog of Dürkopp Adler where they have started to post vintage technical documentation and other interesting information.

Actually, there are parts books for Adler class 30, Adler class 104 and Adler class 105 available for free download, and it seems they will post more.

I hope this will help you a little bit.

Thanks Tomas... Maybe you know where I can find a 'hinged foot' for my 105? Cheers.

Jim

Hi Steve,

I am new to this site, so please bear with me. I am looking for a user manual for my Adler 105-64 walking foot machine. I saw that you had possibly helped someone else, and was hoping you could help me also.

Also, do you have a source for presser feet for the same machine.

Thank you for your consideration, Bill Lopez

Hi Steve,

I am new to this site, so please bear with me. I am looking for a user manual for my Adler 105-64 walking foot machine. I saw that you had possibly helped someone else, and was hoping you could help me also.

Also, do you have a source for presser feet for the same machine.

Thank you for your consideration, Bill Lopez

This topic to which you just responded is 7 years old. I don't know if the person you mentioned is still a member or not. But, I did find a link to the vintage Adler manuals and parts lists. The Adler 105 is among those covered. Good hunting sir!