Sign in to follow this  
ps0303

Adding a metal belt clip

I want to add a metal belt clip for a IWB holster and have a question on the leather weight. I use 8-9 oz for the holster but when I tried to use that weight with adding a sewn in belt clip, it seems to thick. Meaning not much room left for the belt.

Those of you that make itmes like this, do you use a lighter weight leather in the area of the clip?

Here is the type of clip I am attempting to use.

universal_spring_holster_clip_black_1239_24.jpg

post-9784-1240338388_thumb.jpg

tandy sell another clip that has a wider space than the one you show. it should work for your purposes

I want to add a metal belt clip for a IWB holster and have a question on the leather weight. I use 8-9 oz for the holster but when I tried to use that weight with adding a sewn in belt clip, it seems to thick. Meaning not much room left for the belt.

Those of you that make itmes like this, do you use a lighter weight leather in the area of the clip?

Here is the type of clip I am attempting to use.

universal_spring_holster_clip_black_1239_24.jpg

Use 3/4 oz leather to hold the clip on, . . . just sew it close to the clip and you should be OK.

I usually make sure my clips are deep, as I make them so that they can be used on a belt that it made of two 5/6 oz blanks sewn/cemented together. Just pay attention to that detail when you buy them.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks for the confirmation. What I was considsering is sewing the clip bewteeen two pieces and then sewing the bottom to the holster. This would give the option that once you put the holster on you could tuck a shirt in.