Hi all, I'd like to make some hangers like this

bosal_hanger.jpg

But I can't figure out how the braiding is done to connect the loop. Any explanations or links to instructions? I'm also interested in any other traditional leather hanger designs without any hardware.

What weight latigo would you use to make a hanger like this?

Thanks!

Ponygirl,

Those are just slots cut in the leather and the ends are woven back and forth thru eacch other via the slots. A bleeder tool is most commonly used to do this, but is in no way required...the slots can just be cut with a knife.

Bob

You can also cut them with a round or oval punch. Just try a scrap, you will find it is pretty easy.

Keith

ahha! i got it. thanks. i'm assuming it's best to use latigo for this if I wanted to sell them? What weight would you recommend?

ahha! i got it. thanks. i'm assuming it's best to use latigo for this if I wanted to sell them? What weight would you recommend?

5 to 7 oz. latigo should work well, the same as for heavier weight saddle strings. Others could be used but I think latigo would be the best choice.