Sign in to follow this  
raftert

Rope Bag

How is Everybody,

I just finished this rope bag. All replies are welcome.

Tim

rope_bag.JPG

post-6269-1241035780_thumb.jpg

What a lovely piece of work. That must have taken you hours and hours. The silver really stands out well against the tooled leather. An excellent choice.

Ray

Tim,

That's good looking rope bag! How wide is the gussett and what is it made of? As a rope bag maker, myself, I really enjoy seeing how others build them. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Bob

Tim,

That's good looking rope bag! How wide is the gussett and what is it made of? As a rope bag maker, myself, I really enjoy seeing how others build them. Great job and thanks for sharing!

Bob

Bob,

The gussett is eight inches and the zipper is thirty six inches, so it opens real wide. The gussett is four to six oz. black latigo. The front and back are twelve oz. saddle skirt.

Tim

I've always wanted to do this, but how do you make a rope bag....is it all constructed materials?

How is Everybody,

I just finished this rope bag. All replies are welcome.

Tim

I too would like to know how one goes about making a rope bag. I am very new to this and tack is what my primary focus is on due to the fact that the man that made most of mine is now deceased and I can't find anybody to do the stuff I like, so I am figuring I am going to have to just buckle down (no pun intended) and learn to do it myself.

I too would like to know how one goes about making a rope bag. I am very new to this and tack is what my primary focus is on due to the fact that the man that made most of mine is now deceased and I can't find anybody to do the stuff I like, so I am figuring I am going to have to just buckle down (no pun intended) and learn to do it myself.

I can't speak for any one else, but the way I make rope bags is a long, complicated process and I wouldn't recommend starting out on that type of a project. You don't necessarily have to learn to tool first, you could make one without tooling it....but getting all the pieces put together is more difficult than it looks and accumulating the materials is expensive. In my opinion, you should start out with an easier project.

Bob