DarbyFett

Can't find Diamond Awl

I am having the hardest damn time finding a diamond awl(or harness makers awl, or saddle makers awl...tried googling all of them). I know tandy has the awl handle with 4 blades and it seems to have a diamond blade, but I am use to using my little scratch awl and would like to find a diamond awl that size. Any help?

I am having the hardest damn time finding a diamond awl(or harness makers awl, or saddle makers awl...tried googling all of them). I know tandy has the awl handle with 4 blades and it seems to have a diamond blade, but I am use to using my little scratch awl and would like to find a diamond awl that size. Any help?

Tandy does carry an awl installed in a haft already...See here

However Bob Douglas makes the best damn blades on the planet. His info is on the suppliers page.

Ahh thank you. I had seen that awl a million times but I haven't seen diamond listed anywhere.

Tandy does carry an awl installed in a haft already...See here

However Bob Douglas makes the best damn blades on the planet. His info is on the suppliers page.

Hidecrafters carries the C.S. Osborne and another model. I am attending a class there this weekend and saw them. I am sure that Kevin over at Springfield Leather has them as well.

Note: Rawhide, get to bed you have a long day tomorrow.

Hidecrafters carries the C.S. Osborne and another model. I am attending a class there this weekend and saw them. I am sure that Kevin over at Springfield Leather has them as well.

Note: Rawhide, get to bed you have a long day tomorrow.

I know, I know

I spent this week hunting for the same thing.....I didn't like the one I found at my local retailer so I ended up ordering the Douglas awl and hasp....and this one:

http://www.midcontinentleather.com/p-84805...l-stabbing.aspx

It a fraction of the Douglas but it looks like the one that will fit in my Tandy hasp that I've had for years....

I decided that I do enough hand stitching that I broke down and forked out the $$ for the Douglas after reading the reviews on this forum....I believe that's called blind faith.

I just unwrapped my new Douglas awl/handle....WOWZERS!!! So THAT"S what a good one feels like!!

Very nice....you guys were right...maybe I should believe you all more often....