vreedonsett

kelly handbag pattern

thank you!

filing it away for future work.

ken

Guess they got tired of sharing as the link is no longer active.

Nice! I think I might give this a try over my Christmas holidays from uni!

http://blog.papermon...ier%20plain.pdf doens't work :helpsmilie: boohoo, who cn help me????

PM sent...

This might work for anyone who can't get the link to work...

kelly_papier plain.pdf

This is actually a pattern for a folded papercraft replica of a Kelly bag. It might work in leather, but the actual bags are constructed a little differently.

Below is an exploded view of the Hermes bag, dissembled by some fashion writer with too much of a budget (it's a $38,000 bag... I wonder if he put it back together).

hermes-kelly-bag-deconstructed.jpeg

yikes!

I can't believe that you can get $38,000 for a simple suede bag with plated hardware. Wonder what I could get for this one?

http://www.highdesertleathersmith.com/index.php/my-projects-gallery/13-workbench-photos/2-western-classic-shoulder-bag-in-progress

I made this one for my wife but figured that I would go with around $425 for it.

I just want to say "thanks" for posting a link to this paper pattern. It helped me figure out a better way to make a winged gusseted bag a la the Celine Trapeze Bag that I adore. I am pleased with how my version turned out as I am still newish to leather crafting. I don't have a working sewing machine so I have to hand sew everything. This is my first post to this site.

valentina

Looks like you did a great job! Especially sewing by hand.

I am also fairly new and can appreciate your efforts. I've been working without patterns and trying to disassemble and reassemble bags (on paper) as I see them......sometimes the results are on target but it has been a learning experience. Good luck and if we can put our heads together on some design delimas pls. give me a shout.

FDL.

Thank you FDL. Any input on a bucket bag type purse a la Louis Vuitton? I want the seam to be hidden on the inside. My next challenge is adding pockets to the inside lining before bonding outer and inner leathers together. I am no good at pockets but i love them for my phone and a strap for attaching my keys so they don't get lost in the bag.

I think you did a fantastic Job.I'm notto your level yet I'm currently making hostessbut maybe one day .

Wait, wait wait.... is that a typo? $38,000.00 for a handbag?

And Cynthia, I think your bag looks great!

Thank you TRADERnel and Mudruck. No, that wasn't a typo. Hermes sells purses for $38,000. And if I remember correctly, their Birkin bag still has a multi years long waiting list. Some people are still waiting to buy a Birkin while people like the Kardashian sisters own several.