colttrainer

installing inlaid padded seat?

What methods do you guys use for installing an padded inlaid seat? Details needed to confirm what I think I have figured out already.

Thanks Al

I know this is an old dead thread, but I am also having trouble finding information on this topic. I searched and this is the only thread discussing an inlaid padded seat. I will start a new thread when I feel comfortable enough to not feel like an idiot..lol. 

I believe that Keith Seidel and another noted saddle maker posted some instructions on this site for inlaid padded seats.  I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for.  Try looking for posts by Keith and maybe you'll find something; or, maybe Keith may see your post and respond.  I have hard copies of a couple ways to put in a seat, and if you don't get info. from the experts, I'll be glad to post what I have.  I may also have photos from one of my saddles to posts.  Like everything, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Ron