wildrose

How big is your wrist?

Wrist sizes  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Please mark your wrist size. Round up if needed. I'm trying to get a better idea of customers' needs.

• less than 6"
    • 6"
    • 7"
    • 8"
    • 9"
    • over 9"

I'm finding that the bracelets I make are not fitting as many folks as I'd like. So I figured I'd take a little poll of the folks here! I know this is in inches, sorry to those in "metric land"....

Actually, my wrist is 7 & 1/2 inches.

I'm sure it's going to depend on your frame. Some women have very fine, small bones. Others of us are more "sturdy". :)

I clicked 7 inches, but I mesured 6 1/2 inches.

Gesa

Hi Holly-

I clicked 7" but actually am 6 1/2" on left wrist and 6 3/4" on right wrist. That is watchband tight. I like bracelets a little looser than that. Called a friend and she is 6" on left and 6 1/4 on right hand. She said to add 1/4 to her measurements for a comfortable bracelet.

Crystal

I am right handed, and have 6 1/2 in on the left, and 7 on the right.

I do live in metric land, but I am still old school!

The "medium" wrist bands I make fit wrist sizes 7" - 7.5". My wrist is 6.5", but I like my wrist bands a little on the loose side, so a 7" wrist band or bracelet is what I wear.

Kate

Coming close to a hundred sold wristbands and all are wetformed and custom fitted for each individual buyer I can say that out of those bracers there may be about 10-20 maximum that ordered above 7". I know this because I have 7". I allways measure over the joints bone (hm.. what is it called that bone?)

This is mostly for male customers. I've done few for women and around 6" is most common with those.

Tom

I allways measure over the joints bone (hm.. what is it called that bone?)

Um... wrist bone? Just kidding. Those bones in your wrist are called "carpals".

Kate

Kate

Ehum, sometimes the obvious is hard to see;-)

Tom

My bracelets are all custom, and let me tell you, you can be really surprised by a wrist measurement. Of course most of my customers I never see, they just send in the order form. I've got nothing to go on, height or anything, because all I see is their handwriting filling out the order form! I always get a *wrist* measurement from them. I have to insist on *wrist*, some people measure a watch, another bracelet etc. and that does not give me an accurate measurement.

People's wrists vary quite a lot. It seems to me that if I make up a bunch in the 7" range, about a thousand tiny-boned women with 5" wrists show up at the show and complain the bracelets are too big. Then I take them to the next show and it's a bunch of men with big wrists... :) I tell myself they make good samples!

I add 1/2" to the length for ease. Mine adjust somewhat, but I still need to get them in the ballpark.

I had done a big order for a fraternity a while back, so I was going on that: I cut the band at 9" long, set the first set of snaps at 1/2" in from the ends, then another set at 3/4" past that, then the last at 3/4" past that. This way, the band was adjustable to anyone in the group. 'Course it meant I used ALOT more of one side of the snaps, but I was well paid so I didn't care that much.

But now that I'm making mystery braids and braided bracelets (like 'Roo taught me), I'm using the same measurements, with just two length adjustments rather than three, and I'm finding they're not big enough! It's actually more rare that they're too big.

So I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if people down South here just have big wrists...

I do know that mystery braiding tends to shorten the length when you're done.

I clicked 9" but I then measured 8.5" , James

I'm finding that the bracelets I make are not fitting as many folks as I'd like. So I figured I'd take a little poll of the folks here! I know this is in inches, sorry to those in "metric land"....

Will you have this poll pinned when it is finished? Great idea. This would be good to do in waist size also....

Mine measured right at 8 inches, around the radius and ulna. (the bones that 'stick out' are actually your forearm bones)

6'1" frame of a blue collar worker that works with his hands.

Will you have this poll pinned when it is finished? Great idea. This would be good to do in waist size also....

I'd be afraid to hear the waist sizes - LOL - not gonna put mine up...

I'll be happy to pin it.

I measured as 8 1/2" :head_hurts_kr: which was a loose comfy fit - voted for 9" as requested though! ;)

and 34" waist if you are interested!

Edited by scooby

Would you believe two different measurements? Being right handed ????? makes that wrist almost an inch bigger than it's left hand counterpart, . . .

Anyway, . . . both hit between 7 & 8, . . . so I counted in as an 8.

Hmmmm, . . . you don't suppose some of the girls will be cheating on this thread just so they can tell their friends that they are a "10" on your poll, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

Kate

...the wrist bone is connected to the arm bone, the arm bone is connected to... :P

Left wrist measured 6.5, right wrist 6.75...both round to 7 inches on me, the little guy.

The wife has a perfect seven on both wrists.

Sparks

I'd be afraid to hear the waist sizes - LOL - not gonna put mine up...

I'll be happy to pin it.

oh my would you believe my right wrist--8"--didnt measure left....that was slightly snug..add 1/2 inch for comfort...hows that for big boned

MY WRISTS ARENT FAT, THEYRE FLUFFY!