Sign in to follow this  
Sasquatch

My old wallet is dead.

Working on a wallet for myself and am not sure how to finish it any suggestions would help.

DSCF0007.jpg

This shot shows a little better depth:

DSCF0010.jpg

Mike

Hey,

Do the back ground in a midnight blue, then dry brush in a light blue in accent areas, then dry brush over that with a silver to highlight. Then do the eyes in an off setting blue, 1st stamp "KEEP" in the left eye, "OUT" in the right eye and dye the words in bright red. Do the outline of the skull and cracks in black. The skull itself in a soft gray, teeth after you see the colors blending.

I would airbrush the skull a few light coats of a light brown and/or tans with some darker accents to show shadows and then use a red or blue to place a halo/aura around the skull, follow with a border color that is darker, dark brown or black around the halo/aura. Then blacken in all the beveled areas inside the skull (eyes, mouth, border ect with black) then resist the

whole thing with the resist of your liking, then use a highlighter or antique to accent.

Finish with a double loop lace or if your really wanting to set it off, use a double loop 2 color lacing and use the natural lace and dye it to the halo color and the second color to be your border color.

Just a thought,

Allen

Now I wanna make it. LOL

PS Good work and nice looking skull.

edit to give props

Edited by scissormedic

That's a great looking skull carving. For me, I would resist the overall skull and apply a black/grey antique stain to keep the detail carving out front.

Whichever direction you go, I'm sure it'll come out great!