pino

hey from south of france

Howdy ya'll, I'm an Italian living with my French best half in the french riviera. Since there isn't that much cowboying going on here, we spend a quarter of the year in New Mexico with our best friend, a genuine cow boy and outfitter. He is achieving to turn a dude into a good hand...he's a darn good teacher.

Lately we started playing around with leather for tack and stuff and now we're both hooked to it. In France is kind of tough to get tools and leather if you're only an amateur, so I order all I need through Tandy leather and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm happy I found this forum just surfing on the net and thanks to ya'll I'm learning a lot from your posts. I've been doing some simple things like tack for my horses, wrist bands etc. then lately I tried myself at something more elaborate like sadlle bags and some tooling. Well, It's a great hobby and I like to learn, so I'll keep up and thanks in advance to you all for sharing your leathercraft knowledge.

ds_DSC02579.jpg

ds_DSC02577.jpg

ds_DSC02584.jpg

ds_DSC02585.jpg

ds_DSC02589.jpg

post-10627-1243833957_thumb.jpg

post-10627-1243833985_thumb.jpg

post-10627-1243834008_thumb.jpg

post-10627-1243834030_thumb.jpg

post-10627-1243834082_thumb.jpg

Welcome pino!

Gee, the bag looks great. I love the expandable gusset.

You've got both the old and new worlds covered.

I'm sure you'll hear from a lot of people, here. Keep showing the pictures.

Welcome aboard Pino!!

Your work looks very good.

It's true that this a fantastic place to learn and study and the people here are allways very helpful so don't hesitate to ask for help or advice.

Tom

Thanks you guys for your encouragements and welcome.

Welcome to the forum Pino! If you need something just post it here. If I have it, it's yours! Don't be shy. Sometimes you will get a bunch of "no's", but there is a 'Yes' somewhere in there. Good luck and stay in contact

By the way, nice saddle bags!

Pino

Send me a PM (personal message) here with your mailing address.

Thanks, ATX

Hi and welcome to Leatherworker.net. We're glad you found our little corner of the internet. There's lots of members, both amateurs and professionals, who'll be happy to help with any questions you might have. Ask away, and enjoy one of the friendliest sites on the 'net.

BTW, great work that you've already done, thanks for the pics.

Hi and welcome to Leatherworker.net. We're glad you found our little corner of the internet. There's lots of members, both amateurs and professionals, who'll be happy to help with any questions you might have. Ask away, and enjoy one of the friendliest sites on the 'net.

BTW, great work that you've already done, thanks for the pics.

Hello, Don't be afraid to make some of your own tools. That way your work will be unique. Just be careful. Use a grinder and/or files and some spikes to start. The first ones will be crude, but stay with it and soon you will have developed your own style. You will also develop an appreciation for the skill of the really good custom tool makers: Bob Beard(pro-series) and Barry King(Sheridan style tools) are two I know. Their tools have helped my work more than I can say. The best to you all. Stan

Welcome on this great site, a Frenchman fascinated furthermore, it pleases.

Bienvenue sur ce super site , un Français passionné de plus , cela fait plaisir . :grouphug5vj5:

Bonjour Mr. Buffalocuir,

Nice work,

I don't know where you are (when in France) but send me a mail and I'll give you the adresses where to get tool and the rest in France.

Salut

Aart

(à coté de Fayence 83)