Regis

Osborne Snap Setter

I received my Osborn Line 24 snap setter today.

Here is link Snap Setter

I've had mixed results setting snaps but, NO more crooked or tilted snaps on my items.

This $25 bucks was well spent. And I'll probably never wear it out

Regis

Regis, thank you for the info. i've been curious about the snap setter, but since I've never heard any reviews, I never bought it. Thinking of getting one, probably will. Daniel.

I guess you still have to womp it with a mallet... How easy is it to change the dies over and could this tool be incorporated into a foot press machine for production work, Regis?

Ray

I received my Osborn Line 24 snap setter today.

Here is link Snap Setter

I've had mixed results setting snaps but, NO more crooked or tilted snaps on my items.

This $25 bucks was well spent. And I'll probably never wear it out

Regis

I guess you still have to womp it with a mallet... How easy is it to change the dies over and could this tool be incorporated into a foot press machine for production work, Regis?

Ray

Yes, you still must use a mallet BUT, the tool is straight (perpendicular to gromet). This is just a small hand tool and I would not think suitable to use in some form of press. Pull it out of drawer, set a few snaps perfectly straight, and put back in drawer. You can even look to see if you hit it hard enough and hit again, if necessary, without alignment problems. Works fine for me.

Regis

Many thanks, Regis.

Ray

Yes, you still must use a mallet BUT, the tool is straight (perpendicular to gromet). This is just a small hand tool and I would not think suitable to use in some form of press. Pull it out of drawer, set a few snaps perfectly straight, and put back in drawer. You can even look to see if you hit it hard enough and hit again, if necessary, without alignment problems. Works fine for me.

Regis

On 4/11/2017 at 5:20 PM, Mattsbagger said:

This is old but can you use it with Line 20?

This is even older (!)... but Osborne has one for Line 20 snaps (size 20 snaps will not work in a size 24 snap setter).

I prefer the Barry King setters. I'm not hobbled by the support arm and they allow me to put a snap anywhere.

Regards,

Arturo

On 11/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, Arturomex said:

I prefer the Barry King setters. I'm not hobbled by the support arm and they allow me to put a snap anywhere.

On 11/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, Mattsbagger said:

I ended up getting the line 20 and 24 Barry King setters. They work great.

I've always had a low opinion of "hammer"-type snap setters (I am a Snap Snob), but wow... that is one ingenious tool.  I found a blog post review with some details:  https://noonsknives.blogspot.com/2019/04/barry-king-snap-setters.html