Hello LW,

I made a few cases that I'd like to share. The first two are iPhone and Leatherman knife cases to match my belt (I did not make the belt). I used 4-5 oz veg tan and lined it with pig splits. I decided to box stitch the two so that it would be slim on my waist. The cases are fitting as I measured and remeasured the leather before cutting.

The third case is for my digital metronome with "More Cowbell" on the back.

cheers,

Tae

beltcase1.jpg

beltcase2.jpg

beltcase3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo_2_.jpg

beltcase1.jpg

beltcase2.jpg

beltcase3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo_2_.jpg

post-5327-1243977892_thumb.jpg

post-5327-1243977900_thumb.jpg

post-5327-1243977904_thumb.jpg

post-5327-1243977920_thumb.jpg

post-5327-1243977926_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, they look really well put together! I particularly like your stitching, all by hand I presume?

Steve

Thanks! Yes, they are all hand stitched.

Nice work! I'd better not let my hubby see the Leatherman one, or he'll want one next!

Great looking cases Tae. I like the stiching, neat and straight and even. Makes me jealous, my stiching SUX. Got a question, for my Iphone and the PDA's with touch screen I've had problems with snaps. Do you just turn your phone to let the touchscreen face your body or do you just snap against the screen. I work in an environment where I can get pressed against things and bumped around a bit and the sensitivity of the screen bothers me. I've cracked several over the years. Can't learn if ya don't ask.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I always put in my iPhone facing in because I have the same concerns. But because I punched a hole where I connect the earphones, it's hard to mess up since otherwise I can't connect! Another design concern I had was whether to make it horizontal or vertical. To find out for myself, I made a prototype that looked like two loops (one for the iPhone and one for the belt) and wore it for a few hours when I was sitting around. I decided that the vertical was not uncomfortable and it allowed me to simultaneously carry the Leatherman.

Edited by Tae