Shorts

Keeping tuckable clips from spinning

How do yall secure IWB clips to the holster and keep them from spinning? Do you go with a double screw/post in the holes? No argument there when using the holster untucked. Right now I'm using a single screw and leather spacer.

My concern in using two screws to secure one clip is losing room for the shirt tail when the holster is worn with the shirt tucked in.

Thoughts?

shorts, i rivet the clip with 1 rivet and sew a leather sleeve around clip,tee nut on bottom and line 24 snap on top. that way you can tighten screw to tee nut and undo snap for tuckable carry. tee nut and screw should be able to be tightened enough so holster will not spin and you can wear it tuckable and untuckable

do not forget to add a leather spacer on tee nut side so you will a gap for tuckable carry

Thanks coldmaker0.

I'm not certain if that will work for my clips. I allow vertical holes for carry height adjustment. Securing the clip to the holster body will negate the adjustable feature.

I do both. Depending on the holster. If the holster only has one clip I use two attachment points for it. If the holster has two clips it stays pretty secure with just one screw.

lone_wolf_tuck.jpg

wolf_bite.jpg

Well, on an interesting note, I like the clips to "float" a little in an IWB holster. When you sit in a car, crouch, kneel, go prone, stand, run etc., it is more comfortable in my experience for the holster to give a little bit and adjust to your position. Some folks don't like that, and I would be happy to make a more secure clip by doubling up the screw posts, but thus far everyone I have shared my reasoning with has opted for the "floating" clips.

That having been said, I don't want the clips to spin freely. I pound a three prong t-nut into the leather, then space the clip off of the leather's surface with a thick rubber washer the width of the exposed barrel. I place a star washer on top of the rubber washer and screw the clip into place with a little bit of loctite. It allows a little bit of play without letting the clip spin wherever it wants.