Hoyden

Where can I find this type of swiveling O ring?

I am trying to find this specific type of swiveling O-ring for making a few dog collars based on a few historic dog collars that were up for auction recently and pictures that I've found of hunting dogs from the 14th, 15th and 16th century.

I prefer them to be either solid brass, stainless steel or nickel over solid brass.

WilliamIVsliverandleatheradjustable.jpg

Late 17th Century William IV sliver and leather adjustable collar

Victorianbrassandleathercollarwithb.jpg

Mid 18th Century Victorian brass and leather collar with brass applique and designs, bears lead ring

Largeearly20thcenturyFrenchsilveran.jpg

Early 20th century French silver and leather collar

RareChannelIslandsilverandleatherco.jpg

Rare Channel Island silver and leather collar bears lead ring, one hinge, makers marks on clasp, two decorative brads each bearing inscription 'NStipaint & Son/ Guernesy CI' (circular inscription with crest in center), height 5 cm. (2 in.), diameter 15 cm. (5 7/8 in.)

0thcenturymetalandleathercollar.jpg

20th Century metal and leather dog collar

I saw the hardware on some modern dog collars, but haven't found a source for it yet.

45.jpg

Just the center swivel ring, not the Lion door knocker looking hardware

89.jpg

This one looks like there is some kind of decorative base on it.

I thought this ring was pretty neat, but not safe for a large dog.

Victorianlavishlyengravedsilveredme.jpg

Victorian lavishly engraved silvered metal and leather collar in the baroque taste with hinged lead ring, inscribed Cormongers,/ Nutfield' and 'Corsellis', height 3 in. (8 cm.), diameter 5 1/2 in. (15 cm.)

If anyone can point me to this hardware, I'd really appreciate it.

~ Noel

Oh - and if anyone has seen ornate locks like the William IV collar, I'd love to find those as well.

Edited by Hoyden

Have you tried www.Ohiotravelbag.com I don't have a catalog nor have I ordered from them, but there may be a pic of what you are looking for on the site.

Good luck!

Ohio Travel Bag has those

I was also thinking about drawer pulls but I don't know if they will hold up to constant wear and tear, how much use would these collars get?

Ian - which page in OTB did you see those on? I looked but didn't see them.

ElNino - I'm not sure drawer pulls would work. The dogs they'd be going are Pit Bulls, Mastiffs, Rottys and Marema dogs. ALL of them are hard pullers.

ElNino - I'm not sure drawer pulls would work. The dogs they'd be going are Pit Bulls, Mastiffs, Rottys and Marema dogs. ALL of them are hard pullers.

Oops, my bad, I was thinking of the loops on page 38 of the newest catalog. They look very similar, but don't swivel. By the way, why do you need them to swivel? If there's a swivel on the leash, you could use a fixed loop. The ring holders on pg 125 of the Weaver catalog would work well for that style of collar too.

I would make sure that the rings is welded hence the Pit Bulls strength, I doubt that drawer pulls is welded?

Those are amazing dog collars. Where did you get the photos of the antique ones? I'm also curious about how they work. Do the keepers (loops) slide on both parts of the strap or are they fixed to one part?

dam

I am looking for the same type of swiveling lead attachment for a leather dog collar. Has this item been located by anyone?

Thanks,

Texasjagds

I have some for sale, but for smaller dogs. Send a private message for price and pic

These look like button studs with a hole drilled through them. So I googled "Button Stud With O Ring." The search was fruitful. The are also refereed to as "Saddle Studs." Hope that helps you all. There are quite a few Etsy manufacturers, and it looks like a few sites sell more heavy duty ones. Happy making!

it seem pictures can not showed, please send again,

we are manufacturer of harware for leather/textile in china,maybe I can help you

Is there another name for these? I find them on Ebay under

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Spots-/116676/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Head+Button+Stud+Screwback+spot+O+ring

but I would like to try and find a US dealer so I dont have to wait 4 weeks for them. All the ones on ebay are from Hong Kong. I may purchase from one of those sellers as well but was hoping to find something more immediate.

Thanks all

Alex

it seem pictures can not showed, please send again,

we are manufacturer of harware for leather/textile in china,maybe I can help you

The pictures show up for me just fine.

You might want to have a talk with your network people.

Getting closer .,. found a couple At Ohio travel bag on pg 99 of their catalog. They just call them swivel posts