Hi all - I'm having trouble burnishing the edges of holsters. I'm told it's possible to edge-burnish with beeswax. How is this done? For example, does the wax have to be softened beforehand? I'd be grateful for any tips, pards.

Beeswax can be used but it needs heat to meld with the edge. I made a wax mix and it has worked well I added some parafin wax to mostly beeswax heated them up and mixed them together and cooled it, cut it in to blocks I use it a lot

Josh

someone just pointed me to the confused thread on the holster section. It talks about burnishing edges and I think this is what you are looking for. Bob gives a step by step and examples.

Hi all - I'm having trouble burnishing the edges of holsters. I'm told it's possible to edge-burnish with beeswax. How is this done? For example, does the wax have to be softened beforehand? I'd be grateful for any tips, pards.

Beeswax works fine for me. After dying edge, dampening and rubbing down with canvas, I rub a beeswax cake along the edge. Then, I run my Foredom (like dremel) with felt pad fast against the beeswax cake mmelting some into the fibre. Then I run the felt pad over the edge. Higher speed is better as it will melt the wax into the edge and polish. Even when I use edgekote, I still apply the bbeeswax as a final step.

There are some great edges and guidance on this site and several different ways to get good edges.

Regis

Brushpopper,

Here is a thread regarding burnishing. Click Here. Hope this helps!

Bob