qarawol

My Universal EDC Leather Carry Method

Most everyone has something they put into a leather case/holster (especially we here – I think?) Whether it is a cell phone, knife, Flashlight, multi-tool or a combination of two or more. We have seen them out there that can carry more then one item that I listed above. And like the "tool pouch" I posted on another thread, one has to 'adapt' to this EDC (every-day-carry) case/holster. i.e. a combo knife and Flashlight case. If you carry the case on your right and the knife slot is towards the back, what do you do if you want the knife slot towards the front... carry it on your left side??? NO! What if you don't want it to be a vertical draw like most everything is? Turn it sideways and duct tape it in place?... NO!

Here I go again folks, thinking out of the box.

This is my way of making it fit to most everyone's needs. I call it the "Universal Backing Leather System".

This carrying method consists of several parts to make up "YOUR" ideal choice of carrying the EDC items that "YOU" choose and how you want to carry it.

Again, this might not be for everyone, though it works for many others as well as for me. I have been using several versions for over two years now.

My work EDC items in black leather...

SidebySide.jpg

This holster sports the three items I carry everyday during my work hours. 1) Surefire L4 Flashlight --- 2) Swiss multi-tool (SwissTool) --- 3) Motorola MPX220 cell phone. I carry this set on my front right side of my body. It does not hinder my needing to get into my pocket or poke me in the side when seated. YES! YES! THANK YOU!!!

You may ask…"what is so special about that holster? It's just a holster that holds three items! Here is the secret...

100_4517.jpg

With the use of Chicago Screws, it becomes a COMPLETELY modular system that enables you to place what you want where you want. The end of… "I have to settle to what's out there". The backing is about the size of a credit card. IS THAT JUST UNHEARD OF OR WHAT!!!?

More pics… Horizontal two item with flat carry on the multi-tool…

Horizontal-A2SwissToolFlat.jpg

I am right handed and I will use the multi-tool more with my right then my left so I want to be able to grab it with my right hand in one smooth motion. I can also grab the Flashlight with my right hand and it will be in the 'ready' to use position. My thumb is on the button when drawn from its holster. I exposed a good portion of the multi-tool for easier access when wearing gloves. The picture shows how you would see it on me so picture yourself behind it to get a better perspective.

Vertical two item with tall carry on the multi-tool...

A2SwissToolTall.jpg

More pics to show what this Universal Backing Leather System can do…

100_8665.jpg

Combo-1.jpg

Notice on the picture above that the multi-tool is reversed? PURE GENESIS I TELL YOU!

3Vertical-SwissToolA2eseries.jpg

SwissToolFlatalone.jpg

SingleVerticalMountwithHDS.jpg

The above picture shows the one item backing utilizing a belt clip.

And if you want it tilted… (made for a friend on another forum, his picture, his mod. I still need to complete)

dsc0737va9.jpg

Notice the difference from the tall and flat carry for the multi-tool? My design enables me to mix and match the items I want to carry and how I want to carry them for right or left hand use. I can switch from vertical or horizontal, place the Flashlight to the right, left, top or bottom of the multi-tool, switch the position or orientation of the Flashlights, cell or multi-tool. I can carry two Flashlights or two multi-tools on one backing etc. etc. I made it completely modular so that I can replace only one holster should it get damaged. I make the holsters specifically for the item it holds and make more for other Flashlights or items as needed. WHAT AM I TO DO WITH MYSELF!!!?

And the best part is, for us leather buffs, is that you get to make it the way you want to. I just wanted to share a new idea.

Want to see my "Way out of the box thinking cell phone carry method?" It is like no other!

Njoy…

Freakin' awesome, dude!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

What do you do to keep the Chicago screws from pulling out of the slots on the backing? Or are you using a heavy enough leather that they won't pull out?

The leather used for the backing of the black one I use is about 7-8oz. That seems thick enough to prevent the head of the screw from pulling out. It gets nice and tight with a holster in place. The newer backings are not slotted like the original. They are made of two 7-8oz glued and sewn together and holes are made through both for the screws. This makes for a much stronger design. You don't get the fine adjustments like the slotted one yet the holes you make on the individual holsters themselves will make up for it. The holes made are of a set spacing so that I can place them where and how I want.

Njoy...

Those flashlites are real cool. You should sew the creditcard in between the leather it would make a good backer for the screws, besides there is not much use for that overpriced plastic anyway. LOL

I'm impressed...My wife says that I'm the packrat from hell.... Is it possible that you're the casemaker from the same vicinity? Great job, and thanks!

Kevin