UKRay

Tell us about the place you live

well i live near north platte nebraska. do not come here its horrible. read stephen kings children of the corn...it was written after he drove through this creepy place. folks around here start their kids killing things as soon as they can walk why does a three yr old need to shoot something.

tracy

Moapa Valley which is made up of Logandale, and Overton is where I call home now, after almost 40 years outside the Bay Area of Northern CA. There are only 2 things I miss from CA, trees, and fresh produce.

Population somewhere around 7,200. Elevation 1,500'-1,600' Settled by Mormons in the 1800's, and most residents here are still LDS-I'm not myself. Muddy River runs through the middle of the valley. Not much happening here, and close to 50% of us are commuters to LV, and StGeorge UT. A few alfalfa fields left, and some cattle. Lots of horse owners. Pomegranate Festival, home of the Clark County fairgrounds-county fair, rodeos, etc Grocery store, a couple of eateries, and 2 hardware stores. The ACE has a better selection of firearms than the Vegas gun stores do.

2 seasons Summer, and winter. 3 months of solid 100-115 every day with lows in the 80's @ 3am back to 100 by 9am. 106 and 44% humidity now during the monsoon season. Earlier in the month it was 115 with scattered showers. Rainfall totals for the year average 4.5" with 3/4 of that falling in the summer monsoons. I have seen 113, and 1% humidity reported, and 88 the day before Thanksgiving. Winters here are cold, and we had record snow in Vegas last year, but it is rare.

50 miles from Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada. 10 miles from Lake Mead. In the area we have the Valley of Fire, Red Rock Recreation area,Mt Charleston, Nellis AFB home of the Thunderbirds - Air Force's acrobatics team. Head north 75 miles and you are in UT. 100 miles to Zion Nat. park.

Why am I here? Good question. I am here to start my life over. I have friends in Vegas, like small towns, but like nightlife too-I am still single, open gun laws, I could afford some property out here, and I feel like I am part of a community-not just a resident. I also hate rain and snow.