Tina

A take at a new logo...

I have been making this dayplanner cover for some time now and all I can say is...I got to get me one of them sewing machines. I'm soar in my arms it hurst in muscles my body forgott it had, the fingers feels like they're going to fall of and the time spent is Waaaay to much, Yiiks!

Anyhow, I'm rather happy with the overall design I made and the colors. When we move back to Sweden I decided to get a more Scandinavian sounding name for my hobby and a proper logo, this might be it...For the moment the name is blurred out on the pictures on purpose.

In many mythological tales the raven is originally white and I know there is white ravens in Canada so, I thought why not? They actually have blue eyes too:-)

This planner covers a 9 3/4 x 7 1/2 inch booklet (25x19cm)

Tina,

That's absolutely beautiful....................

I'm awed.

Badger

Tina,

That's absolutely beautiful....................

I'm awed.

Badger

Thanks a load Badger, I'm happy you liked it:-)

That is superb! (As always.) I really love that warm glow your projects always have.

Kate

That is superb! (As always.) I really love that warm glow your projects always have.

Kate

Thank you Kate:-)

I'm working on the very last of the old Tandy medium brown antiquing...I hope I manage to find some other product to get me the same resault in the future (not using Eco-Flow, tried and did not like at all) Another tip I can give is always using a warm and a cold color so they work together, makes both of them "pop" more:-)

I'm working on the very last of the old Tandy medium brown antiquing...I hope I manage to find some other product to get me the same resault in the future (not using Eco-Flow, tried and did not like at all) Another tip I can give is always using a warm and a cold color so they work together, makes both of them "pop" more:-)

What others have you tried, so far?

Kate

Tina, that is spec-freaking-tacular!

I can easily see that one entered in a contest and taking "best of category", hands down.

What others have you tried, so far?

Kate

I've tried Fiebings, the paste in a small jar...This is the one I think I'm going to use in the future if nothing else shows up:-)

Tina, that is spec-freaking-tacular!

I can easily see that one entered in a contest and taking "best of category", hands down.

*LOL* Thanks...

I agree to a point, the stiching needs to get better and I really don't know how without a machine. A machine would give my work that nice finish I so want it to have.

I've tried Fiebings, the paste in a small jar...This is the one I think I'm going to use in the future if nothing else shows up:-)

That's what I was going to suggest. If you like it a little lighter, you might try mixing it 1:1 or even 2:1 with Tan-Kote and see how well you like that.

Kate

That's what I was going to suggest. If you like it a little lighter, you might try mixing it 1:1 or even 2:1 with Tan-Kote and see how well you like that.

Kate

Oki, I have that at home but never tried mixing them both...Next experiment:-)

Tina,

That is FANTASTIC!! I love it,,, But You always do such nice stuff anyway!! Ed

Hi Tina,

This looks great, as always. You always come up with such fun patterns and this one does seem to fit you.

I'm with Kate on the Fiebings antique. I mix it with Tan Kote too. I like the way it thins it down. I think it makes it easier to use. I hope you find something that works for you. It's no fun when you find something you really like and then they quit making it. I've been stocking up on a few different products when I find someplace that has some left. I hope you don't write off the Eco Flow stuff altogether to quickly. I think that if you work with it a while, you might find that there are ways to make it work.

Tina,

That is FANTASTIC!! I love it,,, But You always do such nice stuff anyway!! Ed

Super Thank you BearMan:-)

Hi Tina,

This looks great, as always. You always come up with such fun patterns and this one does seem to fit you.

I'm with Kate on the Fiebings antique. I mix it with Tan Kote too. I like the way it thins it down. I think it makes it easier to use. I hope you find something that works for you. It's no fun when you find something you really like and then they quit making it. I've been stocking up on a few different products when I find someplace that has some left. I hope you don't write off the Eco Flow stuff altogether to quickly. I think that if you work with it a while, you might find that there are ways to make it work.

Great Thanks Friend:-)

I'll try not to write the Ecco stuff of but...I'm still not sure I'm totally sold on the look of it yet. I like the Fiebings look just that one is a wee bit hard to control, maybe I get better at it with the TanKote?

The pattern on this was not that hard at all, I think drawing it took the longest time:-) I mostly used the bevellers (including the pointed ones) and on the feathers I used B202L=R+L (I think the numbers are correct?) And then off course the modelers, could not do this without them, a very underestimated tool:-)

I like the Fiebings look just that one is a wee bit hard to control, maybe I get better at it with the TanKote?

It does make the paste easier to work with. It makes it so it spreads more easily (I just squirt it on with a squirt bottle), and gives it a little more working time before it begins to set up.

Kate

That does look amazing. Really like both the ravens and those outstanding borders that you come up with.

As far as the stitching atleast in my case I can tell when I havnt done it in a bit as I get sore right away but when Im stitching for a while it gets easier to do till I take a break again. I agree though it does take a while, I dont know how those saddle makers do it lol.

It does make the paste easier to work with. It makes it so it spreads more easily (I just squirt it on with a squirt bottle), and gives it a little more working time before it begins to set up.

Kate

I'm going to take this and get some practise pieces going...It might just work fine:-)

That does look amazing. Really like both the ravens and those outstanding borders that you come up with.

As far as the stitching atleast in my case I can tell when I havnt done it in a bit as I get sore right away but when Im stitching for a while it gets easier to do till I take a break again. I agree though it does take a while, I dont know how those saddle makers do it lol.

Thanks for your kind words:-)

I wish I had stronger hands or something...I think I drag those threads like cracy still it looks a wee bit "sloppy". I also have a superhard time keeping the white thread clean, it takes up crap and all kinds of stuff during the trip in the leather and the white is my favorite *grrrr*

Tina,

Absolutely beautiful as always....your work is always spectacular! I'm particularly facinated with the tri-weave mix on the binding and the way you incorporated a tri-weave circle under the binding. These are the things which really create depth and distinction in your work! Masterful!!!!

Always a fan,

Bob

Tina

Outstanding work as always. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Panther

Thanks a load Panther:-)

Tina,

Absolutely beautiful as always....your work is always spectacular! I'm particularly facinated with the tri-weave mix on the binding and the way you incorporated a tri-weave circle under the binding. These are the things which really create depth and distinction in your work! Masterful!!!!

Always a fan,

Bob

*S* I sooo appreciate your comment and even more happy you noticed the small details :-) I try to get small details like that into my designs if possible for visual interest. That is also how I came up with the tri-weave pattern for the ridge/end of the cover, I needed to connect the both sides somehow.

This really is a celebration of Scandinavian art. Beautiful work, Tina, I love your use of colour.

Ray

As always a pleasure to view your work. Beautiful.

This really is a celebration of Scandinavian art. Beautiful work, Tina, I love your use of colour.

Ray

Thank you Ray, I love to lean on the viking stuff in manny designs...It seams you do get more patriotic living abroad:-)

As always a pleasure to view your work. Beautiful.

Thank You for your nice comment:-)

Beautiful, Tina! I keep looking and finding new things to ooh and awww over. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I have the same trouble with my stitching - if I ever figure out how to cure what ill's my sewing, you'll be the first I will share that info with!

Crystal

Beautiful, Tina! I keep looking and finding new things to ooh and awww over. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I have the same trouble with my stitching - if I ever figure out how to cure what ill's my sewing, you'll be the first I will share that info with!

Crystal

I'll do the same to you:-) I more or less have submissed to the idea that a machine is the way to go for the loooong and more simple stiching things (like this cover) I guess I have to work on the rest :ranting2: