Sign in to follow this  
Talfuchre

A simple bushcraft sheath

I made a sheath for a Bark River Knife and Tool "Aurora". This one is in classic black with only a few lines of on the loop and the dangler. I put the lanyard tube mostly for looks (to match the nickle lanyard tubes on the knife and lanyard).

BlackAuroraPants001.jpg

Close up of stitching and loop:

BlackAuroraPants002.jpg

Back:

BlackAuroraPants003.jpg

BlackAuroraPants004.jpg

Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

TF

Looks excellent, love your sheaths, for some reason I really like that square bottom with the contoured stitching.

Beautiful work! I really like that rectangular shape. Something about it just looks so nice compared to a sheath cut to match the shape of the knife. Great photography too. I like the whittled curls on the sticks.

Cheers,

Andy

That is a very 'functional' looking shape for a sheath and gives a lot more scope to the things that can be added to it. Nice job on the stitching too.

Ray

That is a very 'functional' looking shape for a sheath and gives a lot more scope to the things that can be added to it. Nice job on the stitching too.

Ray

Andy,

Bushcrafter types call that whittled stick a 'fuzz stick'. To get a fire going quickly - you use dry wood and cut a bunch of fire sticks and then when your spark needs kindling style fuel - you drop theses on. The increased surface area and thin fuel makes for a fast growing fire.

People make these as a mark of how sharp a knife is as well.

TF