I'm not sure there are any other words to use to describe your belt. Everyone has used them. Fantabulous, I will make up a word since everyone else took real words to describe your work. My great uncle had customers like you have. In 1948 - 1949 he made some saddles that had 100 true silver dollars inlayed like conchos. Back then the saddle sold for over 5 thousand dollars. All I have left is a black and white photo of one. It's on my web site http://theleathercraftsman.com under Newell Saddles. I would love to put a picture of your belt in the Gallery section of the web site.

Wow,the belt is off the planet,love the interior swivel knife work.

Where did the silver come from? was it of an original Bohlin piece?

I am totally in awe of every thing that came out of Bohlin's studios,the man was a genius. :notworthy:

Dave

Kieth, that is about the nicest lace job I have ever seen, that alone is worth a few grand. The belt is in a word "Gorgeous" thank you for sharing the pictures and details of this with us. It's refreshing to know that there are people out there that are willing to pay for the "Custom" made items that we all strive to make and sell.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I am constantly amazed at the amount of money out there and with the volume of people who will spend that much on an item. The gap between the wealthy and the rest of us is gigantic. I am glad a few of them have found me.

Keith

I'm not sure there are any other words to use to describe your belt. Everyone has used them. Fantabulous, I will make up a word since everyone else took real words to describe your work. My great uncle had customers like you have. In 1948 - 1949 he made some saddles that had 100 true silver dollars inlayed like conchos. Back then the saddle sold for over 5 thousand dollars. All I have left is a black and white photo of one. It's on my web site http://theleathercraftsman.com under Newell Saddles. I would love to put a picture of your belt in the Gallery section of the web site.

I have seen a few of his saddles, not many. I think they must have been well loved as most that I have seen were used up. The silver dollar saddle is incredible. Are you any relation to J.S. Collins of Collins and Morrison saddlery? You may use images of the belt as long as you include credits.

Keith

Wow,the belt is off the planet,love the interior swivel knife work.

Where did the silver come from? was it of an original Bohlin piece?

I am totally in awe of every thing that came out of Bohlin's studios,the man was a genius.

Dave, The silver and gold is current Bohlin production. I am the largest Bohlin dealer and have a great relationship with them. The co. has been sold many times since Ed Bohlin's death in 1980, and I have done custom work for most of the owners. I am currently the only licensed leather craftsman to use the Bohlin stamp on new and re-made Bohlin goods. Mr Bohlin was an incredible designer as well as ingenious mfgr. His designs have stood the tests of time, and his products are the most valuable to western collectors. I have tremendous respect for him.

Keith

uhhh ..... damn .... never had a belt give me wood before :blink:

You all are too kind. I'm feeling a bit embarased and I don't know quite how to respond. Thank you for the complements! Keith

Keith in no way should you be embarrased, the work you do is exceptional and you should be very proud of it. Just the little extras that you do like the inside design, makes your belts special.

I for one am honored to be able to actually look at this type of work here on this forum. Thank you for sharing with us, and being a member of the forum.

Ken

very wonderful work I like the inside carving that is a open lesson to learn for me

greetings from bavaria

mfm

Didn't see this till a month after your post, but that belt is absolutely beautiful.

This belt is beautiful. What type of lacing did you use that allowed you to use two different colors?

I used black and a dark burgundy veg tanned kangaroo hides to make the lace. Keith

I am Really Inspired by All of the really Amazing leather work posted here in the forums...

I am pretty new here and I have been looking through old posts and came upon this one for a Totally Awesome belt...

the last post before mine was back on 22 April 2008 But I thought I'd just say something here to bring this up to the top

of the list so some of the newer folks could see it easier...

:clapping: kseidel You really must have some Incredibly Proud customers! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Keith,

Somehow this one slipped past me.

Absolutely great work...that's a fairly unique combination of silver on accents for the acorn and leaf stems. Extremely nice design, execution and certainly impeccable quality on all aspects of the belt.

Regards,

Ben

P.S. I am going to have to search your posted material to see what other gems I've missed.

Speechless! Really

Hey Keith, I don't know if I saw this before and forgot, and just didn't ever see it, but that is some kind of beautiful belt. I hope to carve like that one day. I got to go now, my keyboard is get'in wet from my mouth hanging open. Billy P

Well, Keith, seems like all the superlative words have been used up. I once saw a pic of a breathlessly beautiful landscape, of mountains, and a valley and lake, and the caption fit perfectly. I will simply use it also, as it is befitting. "Know the Creator, by his work". As I said about the picture, breathless. I don't get up into Canada much, but; if I ever am in your area, I will make a point of looking up your shop.

Bondo Bob