Johanna

"Metamorphosis" by Octavio Ocampo

Click through this slideshow of optical illusion art. Do we see the same things? What do we see? He's an amazing artist - I hope you enjoy his pics as much as I did.

Johanna

Interesting....some of it more than others, because the illusory quality of the first few slides is better than much of the later slides. Kinda looks like he's either trying to get too much into the painting (with the latter), or he'd refined his work to make more of less (former).

Overall, I liked #5 the best.

Thanks for sharing your find.

Edited by TwinOaks

Fabulous stuff! That type of art reminds of a piece at Sheridan this year...Wofgang Fey, from Germany, submitted a saddle entry which featured a cowboy on a bucking horse that was similarly done. His floral tooling created an outline of a cowboy on a bucking horse. The figure was not tooled, but was just the open background created by the tooling. It's interesting to see this concept applied to western floral tooling. Here's a couple photo's from his wesite.

Bob

Wolfgang_Fey___Sheridan_2009_2.jpgWolfgang_Fey___Sheridan_2009.jpg

post-7682-1246835803_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1246835947_thumb.jpg