Sign in to follow this  
Double U Leather

Another 3-legged camp stool

Here's another camp stool...this time one for the can smashers. Let me know what you think.

WBR_camp_stool.jpg

post-7660-1247106265_thumb.jpg

Looks great,

by the way how comfy are these guys?

nice stool

but was is a "can smasher"

greetings

Johann

Thanks for the compliments.

Manfrommuc.......a can smasher is a rodeo slang term for a barrel racer......lol

That's excellent work.

Here is my question though. My grand parents had a few of these stools when I was growing up and I haven't been able to find a pattern for the actual leg set-up. Is that something I can find on the net somewhere??

Edited by Beener

That's excellent work.

Here is my question though. My grand parents had a few of these stools when I was growing up and I haven't been able to find a pattern for the actual leg set-up. Is that something I can find on the net somewhere??

Not sure how you'd make one, I'm not that handy. But you could purchase one and make your own seat.

http://www.rei.com/product/765283

That's excellent work.

They sell these kits at Tandy. Check with them

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/de...ture=Product_18

Beener......I got the legs at Home Depot, and our very own UKRay sent me the tri-bolts. Ray was also gracious enough to send the patterns for the stools themselves. You might want to hit him up. And, BTW, thank you for the kind words.

What I think is that you need to change your nick name on here! Great job.

Art

Beener......I got the legs at Home Depot, and our very own UKRay sent me the tri-bolts. Ray was also gracious enough to send the patterns for the stools themselves. You might want to hit him up. And, BTW, thank you for the kind words.

I was at Home Depot today looking for legs for the 3-legged stool.... they said they did not have them.

where did you find yours?

Luke........I think they are actually spindles or something used for stair railings. Or you might try looking for table legs. I think in our HD, the table legs and these are in the same area.

Art....thanks for the vote of confidence, but I still think the name fits. Especially when compared to all the Masters that are in here. But, I do thank you for the compliments.

MADMAX....sorry I didn't reply to you sooner. Actually, they are quite comfortable. Obviously, they aren't like your recliner at home, but at a rodeo or camping or whatever, they are pretty nice. And, they're pretty sturdy. My son (16 yrs. old, 6'2", 198#) sits in his all the time, and as of yet hasn't hit the floor!!!

I'm with Art on this one......Good job Rookie!

Bob

WOW!!!.......Thanks Hidepounder. You're one of those Masters I was referring to. I can only hope to take my leather work to your level. Thanks again for the compliment. It truly means alot to me to have one of the Masters give me an "atta boy".