Sign in to follow this  
Jordan

Question for Neels Saddery

I have a model 5 that needs the pentometer? replaced on the motor, the pot metal shaft has broken off preventing speed control. Is this an item I can get at radio shack and/or do you know the part number? Thanks for any info you or others can provide. Jordan

Hello:

Can you tell me what the brand name of the motor is? Is it Family, TCM, or Newstar?

Do you mean the knob on the back of the motor that is used to regulate the speed.

Hope to hear from you soon

Tag indicates Family Electronic Servo Motor Model # FESM-400 RPM 0-3300. and yes it is the speed control shaft that a knob slip fits on, that has broken off. Located on the end of the motor opposite the shaft and pulley. Has 2 wires connecting it and looks like a standard pentometer if my spelling is correct. Jordan

Jordan:

OK. Can you call me toll free at 1-866-507-8926 and we can take a look at it and see if we can get the problem solved.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jordan:

One other thing. The Family style servo motors that we sold had a hole in the back of them into which you would insert a screwdriver and turn the knob to adjust the speed. There was no knob sticking out the back of the motor. A screwdriver had to be inserted into the back of the motor to turn the metal knob in the back of the motor. There is a metal knob inside of the hole, but no plastic knob fits on top of it or anything.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Yes, I noted there is no actual knob, the shaft was not long enough to exit the body of the motor. The part of the shaft that broke off is one of the sides of the slot that the screwdriver blade would slip into. In looking at it the shaft is just soft pot metal like I have seen on volume controls and such, they do eventually break so I am going to remove it and go to an electronics supply place and see if they can match it up, or possibly get one with a longer shaft so I can put a knob on it. Thanks for the help. If it doesn't work out I will give you a call. It is set at the slowest speed right now which is great for me anyways. Jordan