Sign in to follow this  
karl

John Wayne portrait

]Hi Fellas and Gals, I have been looking at the pictures ethat were done of John Wayne in Jim Linnells class and thought I'd give it a try. :whatdoyouthink:

Karl John_Wayne_Portrait.JPG

post-110-1247775190_thumb.jpg

Hey Karl - Looks just like you had taken the class !!!! Great Job - Deb

Hey Karl - Looks just like you had taken the class !!!! Great Job - Deb

Thanks a lot Deb, I wish I could afford to take those trips and take some of those classes but they're just a little far away from Nebraska. I love your portrait it is super! , and I love that frame. I wish they would have some classes around here I could take.

Karl

Edited by karl

Karl,

Very nice job!!

Jim L.

Jim, Thanks a lot for the compliment. That really means a lot comming from you.

By the way congratulations on winning the Al Stohlman award. I've been doing leather craft for about 37 or 38 years and winning that award is a dream I'll never see. I am sending you a message and a couple of pictures of an embossed bass I did.

Thanks again,

Karl

Edited by karl

Thanks Karl - The next time there is a class around, maybe we can do some ride sharing and make a short trip more affordable. Also keep in mind Bill Gomer lives not too far away from you. He is in Highland Kansas now. If our guild in Topeka decides to host any classes again I will be sure to let you know. - Thanks Deb

Thanks Karl - The next time there is a class around, maybe we can do some ride sharing and make a short trip more affordable. Also keep in mind Bill Gomer lives not too far away from you. He is in Highland Kansas now. If our guild in Topeka decides to host any classes again I will be sure to let you know. - Thanks Deb

Hey Deb, Thanks a lot. I'd like that. I live in Tecumseh, Ne down in the southeast corner about 65 miles south of Omaha and about 30 or 35 miles from the state line. Let me know and I will see what I can work out.

Karl

Pretty sweet Karl great job

Josh

Pretty sweet Karl great job

Josh

Josh, Thanks a lot. I like to do all sorts of leathercraft and have been making leather feathers and embossing leather also for about a year. I started doing leathercraft about 1970 and I love it, but if you want a real challenge try embossing a photo of someone.

Karl

Edited by karl