what is the best product to use for a finish or sealing acrylic paint? and is there a difference between acrylic paint you buy for leather and acrylic paint you buy from an art store, such as folkart acrylic paint? thanks for any help!

Leather Sheen in a can for a satin finish, and Super Shene in a can for a high gloss.

I haven't found that much difference in the way craft acrylics stick to leather, but I do like the flow of Cova Color (though the red I have is way thicker than it ought to be, but I think it's an old jar). That being said, a mask maker I was positioned near at a recent con recommended Golden Acrylics, which you can get in the fine arts section of craft stores like Michael's. I have more acrylic paint than I think I will ever use, but next time I want different colors, I'm going to try it.

My wife and I just had our first experience with acyrlic paints. We did a batch of leather roses and used some acrylic paints we got from Wally world.Then covered them with Leather Sheen. I thought they turned out well and the finish seems very durable.Dave

leatherroses-1.jpg

I use Angelus finisher to all my work painted with acryllic or dyed with Angelus leather dye. They come in 4 different looks:

Matte, Satin, Gloss and Hi gloss...Scroll down on the link page around half,

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/mis...s-products.html

I think these works just fine for what I need:-)

thanks for the helpful info! i love this place :You_Rock_Emoticon: awesome looking flowers by the way! are they sewn or glued?

Thanks, and I used some epoxy as I assembled them.Dave

Would love to see a cutting pattern and short instructional on making those beautiful roses ....

I use Angelus finisher to all my work painted with acryllic or dyed with Angelus leather dye. They come in 4 different looks:

Matte, Satin, Gloss and Hi gloss...Scroll down on the link page around half,

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/mis...s-products.html

I think these works just fine for what I need:-)

How durable is the angelus finisher? The say it won't rub off, is that generally true even with something that gets a lot of rubbing like a seat?

Thanks,

Dan

Would love to see a cutting pattern and short instructional on making those beautiful roses ....

I am new to leatherworker and leather, so I hope I am doing this right. I alos would love to see a cutting pattern and short instructions on making those beautiful roses!

My wife and I just had our first experience with acyrlic paints. We did a batch of leather roses and used some acrylic paints we got from Wally world.Then covered them with Leather Sheen. I thought they turned out well and the finish seems very durable.Dave

leatherroses-1.jpg

Beautiful roses! I am a newbee and I also would love to have a pattern and short instructions for the roses.