arthurandersen

Tandy Black Powder Pouches pattern book

I have been searching since Katrina ate my copy for a copy of the Tandy Leather Company long book called "Black Powder Bags & Pouches" by Steven Dodd Hughes. It was supposidely published in 1985 and had 19 pages. It contained patterns for hunting bags, a flint wallet, ball bag, shot bag, and possible additional patterns for other items. I have contacted Tandy and all they could find was the Gene Nolan book which I already have. If anyone has a copy that they would be interested in selling or copying the patterns and sending those to me I would be agreeable to make it worth their while.

Thanks to all for helping.

---Arthur

hi do you have the

(isbn number)

if so try abebooks.com

bob

Hi Walletman;

Ah there's the rub. That seems to be the only thing I can not obtain. Tandy says it might not even have had a ISBN Number. I found the copyright number granting copyright privaliges to Tandy Leather, but no ISBN Number. I tried abebooks anyway, and had no luck. Thanks for the suggestion tho. Guess I will continue to search EBAY. Someone had one for auction last September. Maybe I can luck into one eventually...

-- Arthur

I have a friend who would also be interested in this pattern or a homemade pattern.

When in doubt try contacting the author... found this on a google search in reference to one of the books he did on gunsmithing for that same era...Hope that helps.. let me know if you find anything - im interested in it as well :D

Thanks,

Vince

STEVEN DODD HUGHES

Address: P.O.BOX 545 LIVINGSTON, MT 59047 USA

Voice: Fax:

Email: sdh@mcn.net

Keywords: maker of single-shot breech loading rifles, double barreled shotguns, black powder,

Hi Walletman;

Ah there's the rub. That seems to be the only thing I can not obtain. Tandy says it might not even have had a ISBN Number. I found the copyright number granting copyright privaliges to Tandy Leather, but no ISBN Number. I tried abebooks anyway, and had no luck. Thanks for the suggestion tho. Guess I will continue to search EBAY. Someone had one for auction last September. Maybe I can luck into one eventually...

-- Arthur

When in doubt try contacting the author... found this on a google search in reference to one of the books he did on gunsmithing for that same era...Hope that helps.. let me know if you find anything - im interested in it as well :D

Thanks,

Vince

STEVEN DODD HUGHES

Address: P.O.BOX 545 LIVINGSTON, MT 59047 USA

Voice: Fax:

Email: sdh@mcn.net

Keywords: maker of single-shot breech loading rifles, double barreled shotguns, black powder,

Hi Vwoodard,

Tried the email address and it bounced back as a invalid account. So I will go the snail mail route to attempt to get some info. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info... =8-}

Arthur

i have 2 blackpowder pattern books from tandy. one of them may be the book you are looking for.

i would check ebay, think thats where i got my copy.

another great book for black powder bags is sold by track of the wolf.

its recreating the 18th century black powder bag.

Hi Vwoodard,

Tried the email address and it bounced back as a invalid account. So I will go the snail mail route to attempt to get some info. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info... =8-}

Arthur

you may consider Recreating the 18th Century Hunting pouch by T.C. Albert. It has 7 or 8 patterns taken from original bags as well as full color shots of the original bags themselves. I believe I paid about $25 for it at track of the wolf.

you may consider Recreating the 18th Century Hunting pouch by T.C. Albert. It has 7 or 8 patterns taken from original bags as well as full color shots of the original bags themselves. I believe I paid about $25 for it at track of the wolf.

Thanks Mark. All ready got that and thought it was great. However it did not have any of the larger bags like Mr. Hughes book had. His bag pattern was roughly 12 X 10 inches square. I guess I could improvise. Have not yet been able to contact Mr Hughes in Montana.

Arthur

Thanks Mark. All ready got that and thought it was great. However it did not have any of the larger bags like Mr. Hughes book had. His bag pattern was roughly 12 X 10 inches square. I guess I could improvise. Have not yet been able to contact Mr Hughes in Montana.

Arthur

I was doing a little searching on it last night and was beginning to think it was a mythical book as I couldn't even find anything on it at the Library of Congress. I went thru my old copies of Muzzleloader Magazine and low and behold found an advertisement for it the May/June 1986 issue.

Have you tried asking on any of the Muzzleloader Forums? That might be a better place since it the book was aimed at them.

I have been searching since Katrina ate my copy for a copy of the Tandy Leather Company long book called "Black Powder Bags & Pouches" by Steven Dodd Hughes. It was supposidely published in 1985 and had 19 pages. It contained patterns for hunting bags, a flint wallet, ball bag, shot bag, and possible additional patterns for other items. I have contacted Tandy and all they could find was the Gene Nolan book which I already have. If anyone has a copy that they would be interested in selling or copying the patterns and sending those to me I would be agreeable to make it worth their while.

Thanks to all for helping.

---Arthur

Arthur.........i have the book contac me off line if you still want it.

pm has been sent..........

pm has been sent..........

I do believe I have the exact copy of the book you are looking for!!! I received from a friend of a friend through a friend. Let me know if you are still interested and I can get you a copy. Are you still in New Orleans? I'm in Baton Rouge.

I do believe I have the exact copy of the book you are looking for!!! I received from a friend of a friend through a friend. Let me know if you are still interested and I can get you a copy. Are you still in New Orleans? I'm in Baton Rouge.

I am interrested, please pm me ....

I am interrested, please pm me ....

Gunter;

His pm address is KEVDBRY@aolDOTcom if you are interested. I don't think he would mind that I gave it to you. The book he described is the book I was searching for but have now obtained from Luke. Good luck.

Arthur

Gunter;

His pm address is KEVDBRY@aolDOTcom if you are interested. I don't think he would mind that I gave it to you. The book he described is the book I was searching for but have now obtained from Luke. Good luck.

Arthur

Hi,

I would also love a copy if it could be arrange. Please PM me if someone can supply.

Johanne

I have/had that book. I was going through some leather the other day, and found several sets of pre-cut pieces for the bag, and the shogun shot pouch.. I also make some of the ball pouches. Great book, from my perspective a little more eastern or England than some of the stuff we get from the American West. The shot pouch is right out of my English hunting books in it's look.

i would love a copy of this book, as i am newly interested in blackpowder shooting. :)

I am into black powder hunting as well.. Would love to have a copy...if that could be arranged.... double_bar_p@yahoo dot com

Hello all;

Yes i saw the notice on the Tandy website that the book is now offered in a pdf format. I wish that had been the case 3 years ago when I was looking for it. But ho problem. I did obtain a hard copy. I may still go and get a copy of the pdf just to have in case of another Katrina. i would strongly recomend getting the pdf as it contains patterns that are hard to find elsewhere and they are of a different style of powder bag..

Arthur

I take all of my hard copies to Office Depot and had them scanned to PDF. They have the large scale scanners and plotter printers. I can usually get a 24 x 36 pattern scanned for a few bucks.