hidepounder

Finishing Edges

The link works for me. At the very top of the "how do I do that" page, the first link is to hidepounder's posts. 

Edited by alpha2

On 2/23/2019 at 9:22 PM, Danne said:

I never had any problems with edge paint. And in basic, this is what I do.

1. cut/sand edge, bevel, crease.

2. Paint edge.

3. Heat paint with heated creaser (electric or manual) or with friction (canvas)

4. sand edge with 400 grit, until perfectly flat.

5. Paint edge

6. Sand with 400 grit, until perfectly flat.

7. Proceed painting and sanding until you have a perfect edge.

8. Finish with 800 grit (or higher if you like)

9. Melt Paraffin (or beeswax) onto the edge. (Use electric creaser or heated creaser if you have.)

10. Burnish the edge with canvas.

11. Finished.

You see examples of my edges if you look through my posts (For example the dark brown wallet)

thank you for the tip. I think my problem is the paint itself. 

On 7/23/2009 at 6:41 PM, hidepounder said:

Hello everybody,

I receive quite a few PM's and emails requesting information on edges, finger cutting, tooling patterns and various other topics. Questions regarding some of these topics come up on a fairly regular basis, so I thought I would put something together that members could easily refer to. This article describes the way I finish edges and Johanna has posted it in the "Tips & Tricks" section on the main page. I hope that some of you will find it helpful.

Bob

Anyone else having difficulties opening the link? It takes me to a "Sorry we could not load this page."

Edited by NWBicketLeatherCollc

After 10 years its probably been archived or culled

The link does not work for me. Neither do a number of the other pinned tutorials at the top of the front page of this forum. I sent a message to the admin a few days ago informing them of this.

Links to old files in 10 year old posts don't work anymore due to changes in the forum software during the last few years. Therefore, I am closing this topic to new posts.