Sign in to follow this  
BlueFlameLeather

Hi! I'm new here...

Hi!

I'm new here, so I thought I'd say hello. My name is Stephanie Turner and I run Blue Flame Leather in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm a member of the Cin City Leathercraft guild, and I heard about the site from them.

I started doing leather items for renaissance festivals about 15 years ago, and before that I did alot of sewing and embroidery. I still do some Festivals, but am moving into selling online and doing more high fashion modern work. I'm also interested in the whole cowboy shooting thing, being a shooting afficionado myself.

I'm hoping to learn from others here, and help anyone I can.

I'm especially interested in anyone who has made gloves, as I am studying that now from books and have a large glove order pending.

Nice to meet you all, and HI! to anyone who knows me.

Stephanie

Hi and Welcome:-)

I'm sure you're going to like it here...Loads of friendly and helpful people:-)

Hi Stephanie,

Nice that you're here.... I'm not a glove maker, but I might be of help in other areas! And I'm a helpful kinda guy! I'm sure you'll enjoy this site! :)

Kevin Hopkins

Welcome Stephanie. You'll find lots of help here although I, and many of us, wish we was "somewhere" near a guild. Someone here was making gloves a year or more ago and maybe they will chime in. My daughter would love for me to make gloves and she collects dress gloves.

Again, welcome,

Regis

Welcome aboard! I am a SASS Life member and have been doing leather for 20yrs or so.Started doing Cival War gear and have done about everything related to Cowboy action shooting.Good Luck this is agreat forum w good people!

Hi Stephanie, and welcome. I sell my leather stuff at RF's, too...have been for 5 years. I gotta say, there must be something in the leather that makes people on this forum so friendly and helpful. Y'got gunners, and cowboys, and rednecks, and animal lovers, tree huggers, and people like me who play dress-up on the weekends, and everybody gets along just fine.

Daggrim

Hey Steph,

Glad you're here. Wish more of the Cin City folks would sign on. You sure can learn a lot here.

Dave Theobald

hey good to see ya hope ya find some good info here like i have bunch of great folks to work with

yep yep glad to hear from you, i'm adjustin my hat, what sort of a thing do you make? i never made no gloves before, where'd you find books on this at? whoa, i;m off to see some bullriding, best of luck glove lady! righteous bob said that.