Couple questions for those of you who use an airbrush for your seats...

1)Single or double action?

2)High end or middle of the road?

3)What do you reccomend?

Cheers!

Gary

Havnt gotten to use one on leather but I can give you my input from when I use to paint with them.

Double action for sure, allows far better control and after some practice is easy to use (atleast IMHO) and if you ever get into doing designs and such you can do some really nice stuff.

Generally you get what you pay for, I would recommend either badger which I allways had good luck with. They have everything from middle road to real nice. The 150 is a middle of the road that will get you nice results if I remember right. The other brand I was familier with is Paasche, they make some nice stuff also. My friends allways used paasche so I dont have much in the way of help for that brand just know it got nice results.

I favor a double action. Pasche VLS. You can shoot lots of different mediums through it. I would say buy what you can afford. But dont buy cheap. You will be able to get a really nice one for $150.

I prefer the double action as well for control. I have a Badger 150 and is middle of the road and works well for just about anything I would do. I also suggest getting a compressor with a small tank and not the diaphram type. I got one for airbrushes from Northern Tool for about 100 bucks and it has the regulator and water separator with a mini tank. It's extremely quiet. Also, I purchased my Badger from Michaels using a 50% off coupon for one item.

Marlon

Iwata BCS. It's double action & I got it at AC Moore with a 50% coupon.

russ

Forgot about Iwata thats another good brand as well.

The one Marin has I have used alot before and its a very well rounded durable little guy that is pretty much a base for all kinds of airbrushing crafts.

One thing to remember also the cheapo models have very poor orings that wont last shooting dye thru them.

Couple questions for those of you who use an airbrush for your seats...

1)Single or double action?

2)High end or middle of the road?

3)What do you reccomend?

Cheers!

Gary

1) Single for spraying over an entire piece. Double for more control over where you want the spray to go.

2) Lots of middle-range products do very well.

3) Iwatas are sweet and do have advantages over the mid-range products. Can't go wrong with that brand. But brands like Badger make quality airbrushing affordable. I've used a Badger for years, and it has done everything I've demanded.

Kate

I have a double action Iwata HP-SB which I've had for 30 years and it still works as new.

They still make this model.

I've used it for all kinds of things from illustration to spraying bikes. It is a great allrounder for fine detail and general spray.

Good luck.

I've got two that I use. One's a Paasche VL, the other is the Harbor Freight $5.99 el cheapo.

That little cheap AB has got to be one of the best purchases I've made. It's single action, external mix, isn't all that adjustable (because it tends to lose it's setting), and CHEAP. But it sprays finishes just fine, doesn't clog, is easy to clean, and it's CHEAP.

If you're looking to learn ABs, get a cheap one first so you can experiment on a little money.

Then when you've learned how to do most of what you want to do, upgrade. If you want an AB to spray finishes -only- , then there's no need for one that will spray a .5mm line. You want broad coverage.

I have a Badger 100 that I used for many years. I recently bought a cheap double action from Harbor Freight to replace the Badger. That Harbor freight airbrush is perfect for blowing sealer and the like. It is dirt cheap and is of remarkably good quality for Harbor Freight. Their little compressor is also quite serviceable.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=95810

Unless you are doing airbrush painting and the like, this brush is really all you need and you will save a lot of $$$.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Bree;

Which compressor do you use with it?

Russ

Y'all have been a huge help. I finally decided on the Pasche VLS, got a killer deal for the brush and a compressor.

Thanks again for all your feedback!

Cheers!

Gary