Windom Leather

Heres one for your crituqeing pleasure

My wife wanted a holder/case for her cell phone for when she rides. This is what i came up with. I made a wooden block copy of the phone just slightly larger than the phone and wet formed it and hand sewed the stiching. It's 6/7 (what I had on hand at the time). finished with neatsfoot oil and super sheen top coat.

100_3024.JPG

post-11125-1249581358_thumb.jpg

Nice!...good job and matches the saddle real good too.

Thanks rayban. That was my whole intention, to make it match and blend in like it belonged there. The only other thing I wanted to do was to stamp to match. I dont have that stamp yet and wife wanted it done "now". I think it turned out pretty good for a rush job.

Great job. Just make sure she doesn't cross any water.

Art

Looks great, I only have one suggestion, I would personally cut a hole in the bottom so that you can push it out with your finger when you go to grab it. Just a personal preference and probably not necessary but I like to be able to do that.

But real nice job on it.

I enjoy making wet formed cases, I like the way it makes the case unique and just for that item you are working on. There are a couple of flask covers I made custom using this method also. I find tooling the piece after forming a bit of a challenge but it seems to come together. The phone case looks great, now that you know how, you can always make another one to match... Christmas will be here sooner than you think!!! ;)

Nice job - matches well with the saddle leather.

My only concern is that if I unintentionally part company with the horse, I want the cell phone WITH ME, not on the horse. My horse is well trained, but he hasn't learned to place a call for me yet. :head_hurts_kr:

Linda

I am a newbie here and I love your phone case. Did you stitch it by hand or machine? If by machine, can you explain how you did it? I have a walking foot machine that I "just" got yesterday and I am just learning how to use it. It is a Sailrite LS-1 (I know, it's not the "preferred" choice, but I got a good deal on it and it's practically new.)

Thanks!

Nice job - matches well with the saddle leather.

My only concern is that if I unintentionally part company with the horse, I want the cell phone WITH ME, not on the horse. My horse is well trained, but he hasn't learned to place a call for me yet. :head_hurts_kr:

Linda

I´d rather have my cellphone on my belt if something happened, instead of having it on a runaway horse! A matter of safety and Wisdom ?! :rolleyes2:

Edited by oldtimer

I´d rather have my cellphone on my belt if something happened, instead of having it on a runaway horse! A matter of safety and Wisdom ?! :rolleyes2:

Me too! I ride with my cellphone in one of those jogging iPod gizmos - you know, the ones with the elastic strap that wraps around your upper arm. Only I put it on my upper calf, since I figure it's less likely to get slammed into the dirt should I get slammed into the dirt myself. I don't always wear a belt, so a belt phone holder wouldn't work for me. But it's the same principle.

But your leather case is much prettier than my stretchy fabric one! Nice work.

Joanne

Me, I'd rather leave the @#!@#!$%#@$ thing at home!