Tina

"Paying it Forward"

Some of us had been discussing possible ways we could share our work, and this sounds like a great way to do that. I would also like to participate.

Kate

Keep it simple....draw names out of the perverbial hat and list them...first name sends to second, second to third, third to fourth, and so on...last name on the list sends to the first name listed....

AND PLEASE....don't nobody send me a saddle.....Already got one!! :angel_not:

Add me to the list please.

I hope i haven't mised anyone, if so just copy this list and ad your name in an answer here. (*= this person is "taken")

I have the memory of a peanut but I'll try to get on the chat on monday:-) Lets see if wee together can decide "how too" then:-)

tazzman*

wildrose

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

I had already decided to do something for wildrose just to follow the list. I even started it last night. It just seemed the easiest way.

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

This is a great idea. those of us who are not so good this would be great for compaison down the line as we improve. I know I dont have anything that I done in the begining. either got lost in moves or tossed cause stored improperly. Im in. I dont have really any local craftsman to compare or study work from so this would be so great. As Johanna says be great for a scrapbook and/or reference. put me on the list. Im in the not so good crowd lol. but we are all artists and artists are most critical of there own work. Bonnie

This is a great idea...count me in too, please!

When I was doing pottery, all the potters liked to exchange stuff, it was just what every one did at the fairs....walk and talk, then exchange a piece. I ended up with some nice artwork. Someday one of them might even be famous.

Leatherwork has always been a sort of loner thing, what with everyone protecting their secret ways and such. I'm all for this openness and sharing. Open Source Leatherwork...lol

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

The list as of my posting.... Tina... can I request to receive from a particular person...? I would love to get something from beaverslayer.....

As for whom I send an item to.... anyone on the list.... I would be happy to. The only question there would be what is it I would make to send them....

Great idea by the way....

Thanks Tina.

Mike

Post #34

Group: Contributing Member

Member No.: 834

Leatherwork Specialty: learning

Interested in learning about: Motorcycle Stuff, BDSM Stuff, Anything else that interests me

How did you find leatherworker.net?: Google search for something or other

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

I guess I'm in too! Do we get to pick what we make?

ShirleyZ

I just got a mail with a great request...If you are willing to send things overseas (Europe, Australia and more), put an $ after your name:-)

To make this work this first time, lets go after the list, it makes things so much easier. Then if we want to go a second turn we can all decide "how to"...OK? I'm just trying to make things easy this time around.

As far as "what to send"...I guess it's up to the sender :scared: For me personally this was a super oportunity to gain some knollage, to see what I can improve and where, even to dare doing somethig completly out of the comfort zone, educational if you like. I hope this answers a lot of questions...

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

Edited by Tina

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

ClayB $

Add me to the list too. Several of you already have stuff from me, but I'll be happy to send something else to someone.

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis$

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

ClayB $

I added the $ to mine to encourage some of those outside the USA to participate.

Edited by Regis

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis$

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret$

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

ClayB $

I'll have to use the $ cos everyone else is abroad. Already decided on a uniquely English idea, just got to get it on the leather.

Hi everyone, and specially ClayB at this point:-)

Welcome and very nice seeing you here, in a huge way you're generousity is to "blame" for all this:-)

Wishing each and everyone a wonderful Easter holiday//Tina

Tina,

I think this idea of YOURSis exactly what Leatherworker is supposed to be all about (education, fellowship, and friendship) Projects like this that encourage working with leather, sharing with others and maybe passing on some ideas are great and I am glad you thought of it and are getting it going. It was your generosity in sharing patterns for the monthly carving challenge that started this. You cant blame it all on me!!!

Clay

To make this work this first time, lets go after the list, it makes things so much easier. Then if we want to go a second turn we can all decide "how to"...OK? I'm just trying to make things easy this time around.

Ok, Tina, If I am reading you right, you are saying you will send to tazzman, and tazzman sends to wildrose, and wildrose sends to cecil, and cecil to Johanna and so on until it gets to clayB who is at the bottom, and he sends to you since you are at the top?

Or did I just totally misread what you said?

Tina

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis$

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret$

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

ClayB $

I do have a suggestion..... make this exchange happen at the same time.... lets set a date to send the items out.... say in two weeks or a month to give everyone a chance to get an item made.... then everyone agree to send to their recipient on the same date, that way everyone gets their item from their sender in almost the same time frame.... (depending on shipping method and distance of course).

Edited by wolvenstien

This is a good idea, and I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm...BUT...in order not to disappoint anyone, let's plan this a little bit better before we make any more arrangements. I don't want to let anyone on the list down, and I can guess there may be others on the list that feel the same way. Let's get a little more organized and plan this. Moving this topic to "Special Events", and bringing up the discussion with the moderators.

Johanna

This is a good idea, and I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm...BUT...in order not to disappoint anyone, let's plan this a little bit better before we make any more arrangements. I don't want to let anyone on the list down, and I can guess there may be others on the list that feel the same way. Let's get a little more organized and plan this. Moving this topic to "Special Events", and bringing up the discussion with the moderators.

Johanna

Johanna,

To me personally...Feel free to organize (I'm not an orginazor at all *S*) I just "Had an idea" :-)

Wolf...Lets see what the moderators comes up with, but yes, that was the idea.

Did try my best though Clay:-)

Edited by Tina

I'd be willing to organize it, but we have to come up with a standardized way for those who want to participate to contact me (i.e. via email OR pm, and a deadline for being on the "list") and folks have to have a way to contact who they are exchanging with (their mailing address, obviously). So perhaps, the best way to do it is to set a deadline, and if you want to participate, you have to let me know your email address and mailing address.

Does that seem reasonable?

DON'T WRITE ME YET! We need to make a deadline first :whatdoyouthink:

tazzman*

wildrose*

Cecil

Johanna

SCOUTER

Myriam

Froghunter

Kani

Rayban

Bob

Regis$

Wood?

Clay (M)

Banwell

Hoyden

jammon

ferret$

Beaverslayer

CitizenKate

ETW Grumpy

broncobuster

rdb

Oscar B

wolfenstien

ShirleyZ

ClayB $

leatheroo$

thanks tina...great idea

i have put my name down but was thinking... brought this up in another post....the laws regarding sending leather products overseas...may have to look into it a bit more

I know Cailfornia has issues with selling items with Roo in it.... but I dont think there would be an issue with someone mailing something with roo in it to somone in califorina..... there is no money exchanging.... no roos died for profit... LOL

A great idea! I just had a thought-

how about sending out patterns? I've been on a belt tear lately and would love to get some belt-purse patterns from some of you.

Lot's of us have trouble with drawing patterns and could really learn from them as well as seeing the finished product.

Plus- we could share with more folks if they were patterns

Just a thought.....

pete