Sign in to follow this  
bustedlifter

Another new seat for my bike

It has a little Razor scooter innertube in it, very comfy.

boltseat.jpg

post-1704-1200016717_thumb.jpg

Edited by bustedlifter

Very cool. I really dig it. The contrasting colors make it stand out.

Steve

Very nice seat. I'd forgotten about you and those inner tube seats, going to have to try that still. Looks real good, thanks for sharing.

Ken

Very nice seat. I'd forgotten about you and those inner tube seats, going to have to try that still. Looks real good, thanks for sharing.

Ken

Thanks, I find it hard to believe you forgot about me ha ha. I 'm finally getting the shape of the pan down so that the tube is kind of sunk down into it. If you want to try it I can show you the shape of the pan.

Thanks outcast!

Edited by bustedlifter

very nice!!

i think it's your best so far :thumbsup:

Busted, when you get to be my age, and have to wear a tinfoil hat, remembering everything is hard. I wracked my brain for quite a bit trying to remember who it was that did those inner tube seats. Thanks for helping me remember.

Ken

YOU GUYS ARE DRIVIN ME KNUTTS!!

Rat Fink , Gasser, Ol' Moon Eyes, Flyin Eye ball, Yah, Glad to see em cummin back. Good work. GHackett

I for one would very much appreciate a look at the pan and the process. With all the foam seats and no foam seats wanting to have the show but lack the go. I want a seat that dresses the scoot for show but when I am ready, I can mount and go.o run a set of chopper shox, so show can go, too.

Thanks, I find it hard to believe you forgot about me ha ha. I 'm finally getting the shape of the pan down so that the tube is kind of sunk down into it. If you want to try it I can show you the shape of the pan.

Thanks outcast!

Ok Busted you got me wanting to unlace mine and put the innertube in but I wanna see some shots of your seat pan and the contours needed to accommodate the tube!

Edited by stealfdawg

There's a pic in this thread:http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29901&st=0 Didn't work, try this,post-1704-039189800 1314655351_thumb.jpg Still crappy. Search for Mountain Bike Gel Seat in this section.

Edited by bustedlifter

So did this help?

Ok so your photography is as good as mine!! Lol yea it helped a little I get the meat of what you did, now about the contour give it up man!!

cool seat! I'd love to see the whole bike!

The sharp bend actually works better than a curve, which I used to do. I bend the cut out pan right down the middle,gives it more strength, then I bend it across the middle bend, for the back, then I shape it with a plastic mallet and some old body hammers on an old body dolly. Then I add the mounting bolts for the bracket and springs and add a rib down the center for added strength.

Very Nice!

Some pics of my seat pans:post-1704-014706200 1314975277_thumb.jpgpost-1704-075889900 1314975297_thumb.jpgpost-1704-082572100 1314975323_thumb.jpg

10 gauge? nice contour and oddly enough my old corbin saddle (solo) has a very similar 'bend' instead of the curve sure it keeps the booty meat from slippin..stealf..

10 gauge? nice contour and oddly enough my old corbin saddle (solo) has a very similar 'bend' instead of the curve sure it keeps the booty meat from slippin..stealf..

16 gauge, I prefer to use a lighter gauge then reenforce it a bit. I use a throat less shear to cut it, I'd never be able to cut and bend 10 like that with my primitive equipment.

16 gauge, I prefer to use a lighter gauge then reenforce it a bit. I use a throat less shear to cut it, I'd never be able to cut and bend 10 like that with my primitive equipment.

16 gauge is plenty thick! The cone shovel seat is 16 yours just looked closer to 10 in the pix