dustin29

Axe accident

An aerosol can of axe deoderant spray was left on my table next to a wallet back I had finished tooling earlier, and when I left the room to for two minutes my 18 month old son climed up on the chair and sprayed the axe on my wallet back. It left a discolored look on the leather, is there any way to fix this problem?

An aerosol can of axe deoderant spray was left on my table next to a wallet back I had finished tooling earlier, and when I left the room to for two minutes my 18 month old son climed up on the chair and sprayed the axe on my wallet back. It left a discolored look on the leather, is there any way to fix this problem?

I'm not sure but some things I would try are maybe some saddle soap, deglazer, or oxalic acid. I've never used the oxalic acid but it works to bleach wood, maybe it will help with this discoloration as well.

Dan

If it was "Axe Leather", now that would be really ironic.

Can I get oxalic acid ad Home Depot? I thought I read that in here recently. I was thinkin of maybe spraying the whole thing with axe so the coloring was at least even.lol Or maybe whoever gets it wont have to worry about there backside smelling.ha ha

If the wallet back never had dye or finish applied yet, try washing it with a little diluted dish soap (I like Dawn!) and then let it dry completely. If you post a pic, maybe someone will get another helpful idea?

Johanna

Can I get oxalic acid ad Home Depot? I thought I read that in here recently. I was thinkin of maybe spraying the whole thing with axe so the coloring was at least even.lol Or maybe whoever gets it wont have to worry about there backside smelling.ha ha

I don't believe HD sells oxalic acid/wood bleach, Dustin. I know Lowes doesn't. I got mine at Sherwin Williams, sometimes hardware stores carry it, but you can also get it on line (Woodcraft Supply, other wood-oriented online stores...).

Heres a few pics, after I tried to wash it off twice. I tried to wash it with the Dawn like you said Johanna, but it didnt seem to get it out. Thank you for the idea, it did seem to make it a little less prominent. The spots are reel smooth and seem to make the leather hard textured.

axe 002.jpg

axe 003.jpg

axe 004.jpg

post-10624-12517523696_thumb.jpg

post-10624-125175277486_thumb.jpg

post-10624-125175279662_thumb.jpg

When I read the title, I was thinking someone lost a foot or something.

Not sure what would remove the Axe, but I had a piece I spilled coffee on and stained. I tried to clean it off, but it didn't work, so I dipped the whole thing in coffee to at least get the color consistant. The coffee didn't interfere with applying the finish, but I am not sure if Axe would.

GO N AND LAY A GOOD LAYER OF FIEBINGS ANTIQUE ON IT.

IT WILL NEVER BE NOTICED...

All I have is Eco Flo Gel Antique. Luke will this work the same as Fiebings?

............HATE TO SAY THIS "I'M FROM THE OLD SCHOOL". I HAVE NOT USED THE ECO FLO.

BUT THE PRODUCT IS BEING USED BY A LOT OF LEATHER CRAFTS PEOPLE WITH GOOD RESULTS.

Thanks for the input, Luke. I use the Eco Flo Gel Antique and like the results but I dont know any different because thats all I have ever used.