Cowboy316

burnisher for tight spots

Howdy guy and gal ever get frustrated when your burnishing you edges and get into a tight spot and just cant get it done good enought to make ya happy well i got there and sat and thought for some time then it hit me when i was using my little sanding drum for my dremal tool that maybe if i could get a little piece of nylon and replace the rubber sleeve that the sand paper drum fits on with the hard nylon then take a round file and groove it to the size i wanted it would work to burnish the edges of anything so i went to ace hardware and found in the bins with the nuts and bolts little nylon spacers of different sizes and different size holes in them i found one that would just barely slip onto the dremal bit and but it back together and grooved it and all be if it doesnt work slicker than black ice LOL

Cowboy316modify_inline.gif

0728091628.jpg

post-9589-125376251856_thumb.jpg

Cool idea! I do something similar with my Dremel tool! Have to check out the nylon washers and adapt it!

Thanx,

Storm

Howdy guy and gal ever get frustrated when your burnishing you edges and get into a tight spot and just cant get it done good enought to make ya happy well i got there and sat and thought for some time then it hit me when i was using my little sanding drum for my dremal tool that maybe if i could get a little piece of nylon and replace the rubber sleeve that the sand paper drum fits on with the hard nylon then take a round file and groove it to the size i wanted it would work to burnish the edges of anything so i went to ace hardware and found in the bins with the nuts and bolts little nylon spacers of different sizes and different size holes in them i found one that would just barely slip onto the dremal bit and but it back together and grooved it and all be if it doesnt work slicker than black ice LOL

Cowboy316modify_inline.gif

Hey Pard,

Could you post a clearer picture than the one you have posted; can't really see what you're talking about. I think your info is great; just need to see what you're talking about.

not a problem Vike ill get one done tomorrow when i get acess to a better camera ill get a couple of it taken apart also so you can see just how it goes together

Cowboy316