Sign in to follow this  
rusty521

1st attempt at a laptop/ briefcase

Hello everyone, here is my first attempt in making a leather laptop/briefcase. I have been building fly rod cases and i had some good quality leather left over so i thought i would give this a shot. this case is 22 inches long( with flap open) 12 1/2 with flap closed, 14 3/4 inches wide and 4 inches deep. I stained the entire case with a All IN ONE product from tandy called Chocolate Cherry. I stamped a geometric design on the edge and an elk on the back of the case. I laced the entire case with black 3/32 leather lace and placed a contempory bag clasp that i purchased from tandy to hold it together. I then made a shoulder strap to case the case. I lined the inside of the case with Mission Grain Pigskin lining from Tandy. If you would like to view my other cases they can be seen at www.leatherman.yolasite.com or i can be reached at rusty521@msn.com

SIMG0005.JPG

SIMG0006.JPG

SIMG0007.JPG

post-7920-125390687579_thumb.jpg

post-7920-125390689399_thumb.jpg

post-7920-125390691241_thumb.jpg

Rusty

Real nice job. I sure would like to see the inside.

Happy tooling

Tim

SIMG0009.JPG

Hello everyone, here is my first attempt in making a leather laptop/briefcase. I have been building fly rod cases and i had some good quality leather left over so i thought i would give this a shot. this case is 22 inches long( with flap open) 12 1/2 with flap closed, 14 3/4 inches wide and 4 inches deep. I stained the entire case with a All IN ONE product from tandy called Chocolate Cherry. I stamped a geometric design on the edge and an elk on the back of the case. I laced the entire case with black 3/32 leather lace and placed a contempory bag clasp that i purchased from tandy to hold it together. I then made a shoulder strap to case the case. I lined the inside of the case with Mission Grain Pigskin lining from Tandy. If you would like to view my other cases they can be seen at www.leatherman.yolasite.com or i can be reached at rusty521@msn.com

post-7920-125391999657_thumb.jpg

Rusty

Real nice job. I sure would like to see the inside.

Happy tooling

Tim

Thanks, i added a photo of the interior as a new post, i could not figure out how to add it to the originals. take care. Rusty