Jim

Cowboy Holster Tutorial

Howdy folks,

I would like to y'all to take a look at this Holster Making Tutorial. This will take you step by step through making a template for any size or model Six Shooter all the way through to finished holster.

The methods shown are those I have used to make lined and un-lined holsters for the last 10 years.

Even if you have never made a holster, the instructions are easy to follow with text and photographs showing each and every step involved in the process.

The difference between this method and others you may have seen or currently use is there is no Wet Molding involved to make a holster that fits right, tight, and out of sight.

Feel free to download the tutorial and by all means,

Enjoy!

https://leatherworker.net/SimmonsHolster.pdf

Jim R. Simmons

Etowah River Productions

Ten Shot Lightning.jpg

post-141-12542668613_thumb.jpg

Edited by Northmount
fixed broken url link

Jim,

That's a beautiful tutorial! A hell of a lot of work went into that! Thanks for sharing!

Bobby

I second that Bob. Thanks alot Jim for the tutorial. You made it easy enough for even me to follow. Thank You.

Thanks a bunch for posting this and taking the time to do it. Excellent tutorial.

This pdf file is a bit over 5 MB so give it a few moments to download. Jim, we can't thank you enough for all you have given to leatherworkers over the years. Your patterns and books are classics, and you are an excellent teacher. Thank you for sharing this tutorial with us. I'm pinning it now.

Johanna

Jim,

Thanks for posting that! Great tutorial! A "must read" for anyone thinking of building this type of holster.

Rick J.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time for the excellent tutorial. Just about every question I had about western style holsters was answered, and everything is clear enough for even me to understand - now I just need to break our the leather and the Ruger and get started!

Thanks again-

Outstanding Jim i love how you go into detail on laying out the mark to get the curve of the pistol now that ive seen this ive been doing it the hard way LOL

just an awesome tutorital thanks a ton for it ill use it daily

Thanks

Cowboy316

Thank You very much. This had to take a good bit of your time. Sharing is the great thing about this forum.

Charlie

Great tutorial Jim, not sure how I missed this. But I've got it now and will be using it.

Thanks again,

David Theobald

That's an incredible tutorial! :thumbsup: Thank you for your time and effort in making it for us!

I see a new holster on my horizon!

I just got to ask why this wasn't posted a little over a week ago when I started a West Texas holster for a Super Comanche 45-410.

Seriously, this is a great tutorial and will definitely come in handy next time.

Thanks,

Butch

Thanks for this tutorial. I have done leather for several years but want to learn about doing holsters and this is great to help me with. I printed this out to study. Thank you, larry

Jim,

I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into the tutorial. It is excellent!!!

Have you thought about submitting it to LC&SJ?

Thank you!

Art

Jim,

I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into the tutorial. It is excellent!!!

Have you thought about submitting it to LC&SJ?

Thank you!

Art

Funny you should mention that. About three years ago LC&SJ called me to ask if I would submit a holster making artical. I most humbly agreed and worked feverishly to get it out by the deadline they gave me. . . . . . and it was never published.

It was about making the California Slim Jim Holster and just for kicks, (if I can find it,) I'll post it here for all to enjoy!

Jim

Chuckys California .jpg

post-141-125540162818_thumb.jpg

More people will see it here than in the Journal anyway. We'd be honored to publish any of your lessons online.

Johanna

More people will see it here than in the Journal anyway. We'd be honored to publish any of your lessons online.

Johanna

Well thank you dear Lady. I looked and found it in its original article form and will have to re-work it to add the text with photos. This will give me a chance to expand on the text being as the article had it cut short for space.

I'll get right on it and email it to you.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

I totally agree with the group. That is one outstanding post. I cant wait to try my hand at using it to make a holster.

Tom

Thanks Jim. Very well put together. You have put some time into this tutorial. I do mostly concealment type holsters and have always wanted to do a cowboy style holster for my Ruger, and this tutorial will help me a bunch.

Barry.

Thanks you, sir, so much for taking the time to post this. I really enjoyed trying it and had no trouble following your instructions. You are a gifted instructor.

IMG_0664.JPG

post-13514-126533559834_thumb.jpg

thx for the Tutorial.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thank you Jim, for all the time, hard work ,and effort that went into preparing this tutorial. I enjoyed reading it and will enjoy tying out the ides on projects of my own. Many thanks.

Malcolm