UKRay

Wanted - Aluminium knife spacers for a Merkle strap cutting machine

I've just finished overhauling my old Merkle strap cutter and could do with knife spacers of different sizes. Has anyone got any? Happy to pay cash plus shipping from anywhere in the world. Drop me a PM to tell me what you have.

Cheers,

Ray

I've just finished overhauling my old Merkle strap cutter and could do with knife spacers of different sizes. Has anyone got any? Happy to pay cash plus shipping from anywhere in the world. Drop me a PM to tell me what you have.

Cheers,

Ray

I see Merkle is still in business. Are they that much not to buy new?

Thanks

I see Merkle is still in business. Are they that much not to buy new?

Thanks

A set of 10 spacers will cost around £65.00 + tax new from Merkle so I can't afford the four or five sets that would make the splitter really useful to me. lso Merkle only make in metric sizes these days which means I would need to change all my designs and patterns to suit. Given that the spacers are simply machine turned bits of aluminium they ought to be quite cheap to buy - or even have someone make them (which is my next plan!).

Ray

A set of 10 spacers will cost around £65.00 + tax new from Merkle so I can't afford the four or five sets that would make the splitter really useful to me. lso Merkle only make in metric sizes these days which means I would need to change all my designs and patterns to suit. Given that the spacers are simply machine turned bits of aluminium they ought to be quite cheap to buy - or even have someone make them (which is my next plan!).

Ray

Ray,

They are $4.15 a piece, not set, from Weaver. Does your machine have a 3/4 shaft size?

Ray,

They are $4.15 a piece, not set, from Weaver. Does your machine have a 3/4 shaft size?

I wish it did... I saw those Weaver spacers a while back. I will need to strip the machine down to get an exact size on the shaft but it looks to be around 1 1/8" - I am using it to cut a load of 1" straps at present and don't want to mess with the thing until I'm done! LOL

I'm sure a local metalwork shop can make me a set but it was worth asking in case someone had some in their toolbox. Thanks for your interest.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I use 1" and 1.25" spacers on arbors for the milling machine. The things are standard in stock items from MSC or McMaster-Carr in widths from 1/16" up to 6". If you have a lathe, you can get a length of schedule 80 pipe and make quick work of it.

Art

I wish it did... I saw those Weaver spacers a while back. I will need to strip the machine down to get an exact size on the shaft but it looks to be around 1 1/8" - I am using it to cut a load of 1" straps at present and don't want to mess with the thing until I'm done! LOL

I'm sure a local metalwork shop can make me a set but it was worth asking in case someone had some in their toolbox. Thanks for your interest.

Ray