Sign in to follow this  
BUBBA

Rattlesnake Knot

I have noticed a new knot used on western headstalls. It is called the rattlesnake knot. It looks to be four pieces of latigo tied together. This pic is a headstall on the nrsworld.com site. Go to the third page of headstalls and it is the 1st one. They have a few different headstalls with this knot. I was wondering if anybody knows how to tie this knot. Thanks for any info. Bubba

You'll have to give a more specific web address than that. I find 3 or 4 and more head stalls that you could be referring to.

:helpsmilie:

I couldn't see the knot very well but i think it's a turks head terminal, maybe one of the braiders

will be able to help more. I sometimes use this knot to finish a 4 braid.

Is this the knot you are asking about?

019.JPG

post-11782-125578400858_thumb.jpg

I couldn't see the knot very well but i think it's a turks head terminal, maybe one of the braiders

will be able to help more. I sometimes use this knot to finish a 4 braid.

Is this the knot you are asking about?

That looks like the knot. I have only seen it on the headstalls on the nrsworld.com site and there catalog. I have not seen one in person

It's too late at night for me to break out the books, but I'm guessing it's a crown knot. I used that many times before in ropework and just last week did the wall and crown on a braided 'roo key fob.

I was searching for some leather patterns and ran across this site - www.bighousedaddy.com/leather_key_fob.htm - and they had a picture of what you described. You just click on the picture and it shows a video on how to make a leather key fob with concho knot plus step by step instructions on the left side of the page. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Terirae :)

I have noticed a new knot used on western headstalls. It is called the rattlesnake knot. It looks to be four pieces of latigo tied together. This pic is a headstall on the nrsworld.com site. Go to the third page of headstalls and it is the 1st one. They have a few different headstalls with this knot. I was wondering if anybody knows how to tie this knot. Thanks for any info. Bubba

Edited by terirae

Yes it's a turks head terminal knot, crown followed by wall knot. go to your local library and ask for ashleys book of knots and you should find it.