MagiKelly

Wet formed bag tutorial

As far as the corners are concerned, it may be easier to start with them on the 45° and ease everything on from there. Possibly tack the centre bottom and a similar distance up the sides to stop everything chasing its tail in circles.

Fabulous write up and photos.  Very informative. Easy to follow and actualize!

Silverd

It’s great to hear people still find this helpful. I still feel like a bit of a fraud as one of the least experienced leather workers but having a tutorial on here :)

Great tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to do such a good comprehensive write up that includes all the "little details"  I wish this could be kept or marked as a sticky!

Cheers

14 hours ago, AussieTanker said:

Great tutorial. Thank you for taking the time to do such a good comprehensive write up that includes all the "little details"  I wish this could be kept or marked as a sticky!

Cheers

Thanks. I love that this tutorial is still useful after all these years. I still consider myself very much a beginner leatherworker so it is great that my detailing what I do helps. I think this thread used to be a sticky but not sure if it still is. I am not involved in the admin here in any way and imagine it must be really difficult to pick which tutorials to “stick” from the many great ones posted. 

@MagiKelly This is a wonderful tutorial that you have put up. Thank you. 

A great many people evidently feel the same way as I do. 

It is still pinned in "How do I do That?" The first pin, in fact.

Is there a way to save or print this tutorial?

1 hour ago, AndreaRotela said:

What a nice bag! But I think it lacks some sort of engraving...

I agree. At the time I was still really concentrating on the wet forming process so not as concerned with decoration. I think I got distracted thinking about how it would be hard to carve the leather after wet forming or how carving would be ruined during the forming that I forgot the flap was flat and could be decorated without worry about damage:rolleyes2:

@AndreaRotela:offtopic:this is a tutorial about how to wet form a bag, not about laser engraving, and certainly not a place to advertise your product  by suggesting  a shortcoming in an excellent tutorial.

@MagiKelly, your tutorial is excellent as people have said here over the years, nothing else needed. It is the go-to  to learn how to wet form a bag for so many of us.

Edited by SUP
Grammar correction.