• 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • over 70

53 in January - or 45 in Match.com years

Timd, I totally know what you mean, and I'm going to be 42 in Dec.

56 here, but most of the time I feel like I'm 13. I think if you don't have kids, you don't have an age pespective. We had a 25 y.o. working in the shop and my boss who is 63 and I both felt we should call the girl's parents Mr. and Mrs., when in reality they were our age. Whoever gets out of that car next and comes in the door is my real boss, whether it's a 16 year old with a pierced tongue or the president of the O.A.S., and I try to treat them the same.

Kevin

OK, come on now, I've been reading the posts, certainly somebody out there is older than 65!!! Ain't there? Huh?

Bob

Only 35 here, but I feel much older.

OK, come on now, I've been reading the posts, certainly somebody out there is older than 65!!! Ain't there? Huh?

Bob

.....yes i am and proud of it....BEEN THERE.....DONE THAT AND.... AINT GOING BACK.....

to punching a time clock.... :red_bandana::red_bandana:

Edited by Luke Hatley

I kinda goofed in setting up the "question", but some people figured out what I really meant was to vote in the poll part; and if they wanted they could post a reply. I noticed in the poll replies there are some over 65...

This comin' from someone who's still shiney! Why don't you lie with the rest of us??? :)

I am sorry that was a but over the top, but as all good fun goes it must come to a end.

I am only 22 but I have my own company I have a part time job as a supervisor and run 5 guys in a high end woodworking shop.

And my girlfriend says I am a lot older than my age.

But as you all know Dave says I am not old just used rough.

And that is the case with me.

Josh

Edited by jbird

I am sorry that was a but over the top, but as all good fun goes it must come to a end.

I am only 22 but I have my own company I have a part time job as a supervisor and run 5 guys in a high end woodworking shop.

And my girlfriend says I am a lot older than my age.

But as you all know Dave says I am not old just used rough.

And that is the case with me.

Josh

I'm 56, but feel and act like i'm 55.

As some have mentioned, part of how you feel about your age is in who you're hanging around with. While I'm 42, I have a 5 yr old son, and many of my mom friends are much younger than me. Also, the coffee shop where I work is primarily staffed by college kids. In fact, my boss just turned 21. She works harder than many people my age - she not only manages the shop, but has another job AND goes to college.

So to me, it's just a number and not how I think of myself.

I mainly posted this poll 'cuz I was curious about the leatherworkers herein. I remember when I went to my first IFoLG show in Denver, it seemed to me there were mostly people older than me there, and often people have commented to me worriedly about leather potentially being a dying art form. I'm encouraged by the amount of people here of a variety of age levels!

Well, I have more than a couple of miles on me, and I'm still kicking pretty well, but #70 is creeping up on my old fanny pretty quick. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was in the 'Fun N Sun' capitol of Southeast Asia.

Edited by katsass

Under 30 means 29.....................................................................again!innocent.gif

You hit it right on the head, Hilly, and that's exactly how old I am!

PEOPLE THAT KNOW ME SAY I LOOK OLDER THAN DIRT AND ACT YOUNGER THAN A SAPLING ........DOC.......

My mind is 27 and my body 62.

" the older the fiddle, the sweeter the music"

17.gif

I don't mind telling my age because I'm proud I lived as long as I have and lived when I did. I'm 68 years young! Ronny

Like Josh said, "not (too)old, just used rough". I think like most folks responding to this thread, my mind says "go for it" but my body says "who're you talkin' too?"

I'm only 39 but,They call me the old guy in my MMA class.

John

I just got to say i'm old enough to know better and young enough not to care

Hagarsez,

I was 72 Jan. of this year, Stroke took me away from wood shop (fear of all those whirling blades) and wanting a new safer hobby........

well im 44 but most people guess im 29...i tell them i look younger cuz fat dont wrinkle baby!

47 - for a couple more minutes. I'm still cute, but I USED to be incredible :)

47 - for a couple more minutes. I'm still cute, but I USED to be incredible smile.gif

And my baby girl just turned 2. Yes, that's my daughter, not my granddaughter. And the first boy scout goes to help me across the street is gittiin' his eye swelled shut :)

After reading all the posts, I feel kinda young compared to all you OLD FARTS on here.

I'm still 47 for at least 4 months.:thumbsup:

Well, at 42 (and my son is 5), I'm feeling downright young here ;-) It's been interesting, kidding aside, to see the way the votes fall on the chart.

I'm pushing 58 and am a 2X fat, but still cooler than ice cream and cuter than a fat babies poot. nuff said Billy P

I guess I must be the oldest around here. I had my 76th birthday this past January.

I continue to work 18 hour days in our business from August through January seven days a week, grow and plant/maintain 2000 to 3000 annuals for our yard, grow a half acre vegetable garden, find time to do some stained glass, build a piece of furniture now and then, maintain our log home and landscape, computer work, photography, image transfer, and cut, carve, and stamp a little leather.

We are very proud of our family and our home.

post-15740-128028714746_thumb.jpg