Sign in to follow this  
Moore Leather

NEED a quantity of Stimpson P455 Spot Rivets

Hi

I have been working on a knife scabbard project for about 21 years (US M6 scabbard - as used in WW2)

Problem is, or was, I needed a SPECIFIC shape of what I thought was a staple (thought this as the shape is like a diamond/coffin-lid shape...will try to find a pic)

Last week I find out that what I'd been looking for was called a "Spot Rivet" - namely, the version made by Stimpson & given the product code P455.

21 year search over I thought... Almost! They are "out of stock" & - here's where it gets interesting - they need me to place an order of 100,000 rivets to make up a new batch

Soooo, I just thought I'd ask.... "Anyone got any of these that I can buy??" I'd be happy to buy 1,000 - even 10,000

Please.... helpsmilie.gif

Hi

Appreciate ANY assistance/advice which anyone can give - no luck yet - apart from BAD...

Anyhoo - as I was confused for 21 years looking for a "staple" - I thought it best to post an image of what I am after... NOTE - these are FLAT...

May even have to get a 2 part cutting die made by laser cutter or such!!!

BIGGEST bane of my leatherwork life = sourcing the CORRECT metalwork fittings....

P455 (2).jpg

post-12443-125811398968_thumb.jpg

Hello,

That looks very close to a decorative loop staple. Here is a link: http://www.standardr...vet-staples.php

HI

Thanks for that...

Yes, they have some very similar, but as with a lot of old-style engineering companies the website isnt very conclusive as to the full product line

I've e-mailed them the drawing above & will keep my fingers crossed

Appreciate the input

Jon

Just at a quick glance, it seems you forgot a dimension pertaining to the material thickness or gauge.

Hi

I have been working on a knife scabbard project for about 21 years (US M6 scabbard - as used in WW2)

Problem is, or was, I needed a SPECIFIC shape of what I thought was a staple (thought this as the shape is like a diamond/coffin-lid shape...will try to find a pic)

Last week I find out that what I'd been looking for was called a "Spot Rivet" - namely, the version made by Stimpson & given the product code P455.

21 year search over I thought... Almost! They are "out of stock" & - here's where it gets interesting - they need me to place an order of 100,000 rivets to make up a new batch

Soooo, I just thought I'd ask.... "Anyone got any of these that I can buy??" I'd be happy to buy 1,000 - even 10,000

Please.... helpsmilie.gif

Actually, I carry one of the staples, but I don't know if it's the one that you need. You might want to email or fax a copy that I can see, to kevin@springfieldleather.com and i'll see what I can do.... They've got some crazy minimums! You ought to try to buy belt snaps from them!!!

Kevin

Just at a quick glance, it seems you forgot a dimension pertaining to the material thickness or gauge.

Hi Ryano

Er, not guilty on that one - not my drawing....

The drawing I attached is THE in-house spec. sheet from Stimpson themselves

The thickness or gauge is not really my 1st concern - the correct shape IS

I'll be happy to find ANY P455's (or close approximations)

Jon