Sign in to follow this  
Moore Leather

Manual clicker press wanted

Hi

Looking to get a clicker press of some type

Modern, like the Lucris, or old such as made by BUSM Co.

Not really bothered - but I don't have access to a proper workshop at present, and no 3-phase electricity - so only after a manually operated press

...been struggling with a book press with not much success & don't have enough funds to buy a new Lucris, which is a pity

I'm located just outside Edinburgh but would travel to collect the right press...

Jon

Sorry, can't help you with your question. But I did want to mention how very cool your avatar is.

Sorry, can't help you with your question. But I did want to mention how very cool your avatar is.

Ah...

Thought I had a quick reply to my need for a clicker press for a while then!!

The Avatar - thanks for your comment.

I designed it myself - the scary thing was, my mother got what it meant immediately...

I was after something unique to me - which also tied in the leatherwork side of what I do.

So,

1. Its a steer/cow head

2. Such a motif is common in leatherwork

3. The face is made from the letters of my surname (apart from the steer-horns) - so is unique to me

I have it on my polo & sweat shirts when I trade at Bisley & other shows, plus I have a big sign with it on & use the logo on any paperwork, business cards, etc....and have quite a few different leather stamps of varying sizes to emboss the things I make

...may even paint it on my clicker press if I ever find one tongue.gif