howardb

Midwest Spring Leather Show 2010

2010 Midwest spring leather show will again be hosted by the Calumet Area Leathercrafters. This is an OPEN show, so you do not have to be a guild or IFOLG member to attend. We do use the IFOLG judging categories, so it's not just willy-nilly! Mailed entries will be accepted, but we would prefer YOU to attend!

The Merrillville Tandy store will also be hosting a class by Bob Beard either just before, or just after our show. I will also post details of that when it is finalized.

I will post more details in the coming months including a registration packet.

date: April 23rd thru 25th, 2010

Hotel: Clarion Hotel Michigan City

http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-michigan_city-indiana-IN323

This is actually the same hotel as before, but Clarion bought it from Holiday Inn.

Hope to see you there!

Toolers of the Cowibbean show packet!

PDF of the show packet is attached. Please get this out to your leather friends & family who aren't here at LW.

Thank you!

Brent Howard

Show Chairman

2010 CALG spring show packet.pdf

2010 CALG spring show packet.pdf

Vendors?

Could there possibly be anyone who wants to be a vendor that we haven't contacted? If so, PM me and I will get a vendor contract out to you!

Brent

Sorry I can't be a vendor yet, Brent, but I'll be there with my camera, and glad to lend a hand where I can. The Spring Shows have become a nice tradition. They are smaller shows than the IFoLG, but similarly styled. Plenty of friends and lots to talk about, too. I've been lucky that they have all been fairly "local" for me.

If you've never been to the sand dunes in Michigan City, make sure you check them out while you are there. Awesome!

Johanna

BUMP

Anyone coming to our show? Anyone sending in entries from afar?

I'll be attending. It is my first time. i'm very excited and am hoping to meet some people from this site. This site has been a big help for me. I have learned alot. Thanks everyone. See you there

I wont be there, but I am hoping to send something from Afar. ;)

Hey kids! If you are coming, you need to have your hotel res's in NOW! The deadline for the group block was Friday!!! I'm sure if you call, they will still honor the price, but now the room block is opened up for the general public. C'mon! Bust a move! Git-r-done!

Oh, and send me those registration forms!!

Brent Howard

Show Chair

Who do you have for venders at the show?

Thanks,

Current Confirmed Vendor list:

Artisans

Tandy

Bob Beard ProTools

Tippman

there are a couple of verbals that have not committed, but those above are for sure.

Brent

Just made my hotel reservations- they still have rooms and they are honoring the CAL rate. See you all tomorrow night!

Johanna

I am packed, and will be on the road by noon, There by dinner. -Keith

I had a great time at the show. It was my first and a very good experience. Met a lot of great people. Everyone was so nice and so helpful. It was fun.

Had a very nice time .met a lot of very nice people Bob Beard he was awsome.met Johanna a really nice bunch of people.got some good help on lacing from clyde.over all had a very nice time.Can't wait for the next function,couldn't help but wander into all the rooms,you were welcomed in even if you weren't a part of the classes ,asked questions and you were helped out .if you didn't learn something in the rooms you weren't paying attention. It was great time for being my first.thanks everyone

Edited by chicago johnny

A big thank you to everyone who came to the show! It was a great success! I may have been too mentally fragged to say hello to everyone, but it was a good time anyway. Thanks to folks who lent a hand when needed. Johanna, please thank your daughter for helping run awards on Sat. night. We missed her on Sunday running raffle stuff to folks!

brent

It was my first show of it's kind and I was very impressed. Had a great time.

Dawn's work is just too much....remember your home town Dawn.

Shoot. I missed another LW person? Johanna, we have GOT to set up a meeting time for fall & gather for beverages.

It was my first show of it's kind and I was very impressed. Had a great time.

Dawn's work is just too much....remember your home town Dawn.

Hey, thank you so much