CitizenKate

Photo Demo: Making a Biker Wallet

one is a liner for the interior

Kate, seems to me , this is a beautiful exersize in expert craftsmanship, Congratulations !

This will help me for a Christmas present I'm considering making for a biker friend. --- Bill46

Thanks for sharing

I plan to start this project tomorrow if all goes well. Thanks again for the pattern and tutorial.

Tom

Thanks for this Kate, I did this yesterday and last night and between the pdf pattern and your step by step instructions, it was easy to follow and make.

post-44641-0-90224000-1451689980_thumb.j

post-44641-0-38943200-1451689995_thumb.j

nice tutorial !

Thanks

Kate, Fantastic job-----I just finished a holster for a customer and started cutting out parts for a wallet-it is exactly what I was looking for. I hope mine comes out as good as yours. Art

Thanks Kate, fantastic tutorial, with great photos:rockon:

Can anyone send me this biker wallet pattern, the link doesn't seem to work anymore, 

Thanks

17 hours ago, Don Ayres said:

Can anyone send me this biker wallet pattern, the link doesn't seem to work anymore, 

Thanks

Just tried both links in the original post, both work for me.  Maybe try again.

Tom

northmount> good deed. It will be useful for many beginners asking for such howto. One document is clearer than hunting that on the forum thread. ;)

I'm new at this, and Kate's wallet will be the most complex thing I have tried yet. I understand the construction, but have a basic question. Does the cover attach to anything other than panel #5? Does the bottom of the zipper compartment (by the snaps) attach to the cover?

Thanks for the tutorial and patterns.

So I never saw where you attach the cover to all these parts , or I totally missed it . Plus when it is folded the short end does match the outside but it will not open all the way  ?? Don't get it .

Sorcerer

42 minutes ago, Sorcerer1 said:

So I never saw where you attach the cover to all these parts , or I totally missed it . Plus when it is folded the short end does match the outside but it will not open all the way  ?? Don't get it .

Sorcerer

She didn't. it's pretty easy, just glue and stitch/lace it to the outside

what do you mean it won't open all the way? Got a pic you can show us?

Sorry, but where’s the PFD with the tutorial. I’m only seeing the PFD with the pattern. I’d really like to try this wallet out! Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Sebasopg15 said:

Sorry, but where’s the PFD with the tutorial. I’m only seeing the PFD with the pattern. I’d really like to try this wallet out! Thanks in advance.

Scroll up about two replies and you will see a link contained within the comment box. 

Thank you very much for the pattern. I'm looking forward to building one.

I've printed it out and, I don't know if I should have done it border-less or not. but it came out looking small so I put a ruler to it. The zippered piece  is 6 5/16"  X 513/16", and the card piece is 2 1/8" X 3 5/8".

I can adjust the size without reprinting, I work in a custom sheet metal shop, I have learned how to adjust on the fly for almost everything I make :-D

17 hours ago, Buzzard2005 said:

I've printed it out and, I don't know if I should have done it border-less or not.

For patterns you should always print actual size as a starting point.  When you scale a PDF to fit paper, or to remove borders, you skew the pattern dimensions.

Tom